Call (888) 651-9785
Extremly good guide and trip
I had a full day tour in Agra and it was amazing. The driver and the guide were extremely polite and helpful. Taj Mahal is a beautiful place but looks better when you know details about the construction and the facts about the Royal Family. Agra Fort is also incredible and big. The guide took nice pics of me and introduced me to a photographer because I wanted profissional photos in Taj Mahal. I did some shopping in Agra too and I bought nice things for my house. It really worth.
This tour was absolutely amazing! Our tour guide Mahesh is extremely knowledgeable about all the sites in the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort. He made the long trip very rewarding for the whole family. Our driver, although I didn't get his name, went above and beyond all he was asked to do. He even waited an extra hour and a half at the hotel to drop us off at the airport! He didn't have to but he wanted to which shows just how kind-hearted he is. I really recommend this tour.
1. The car ride 3 hours one way from Delhi was comfortable and nice. The car was clean and air conditioned.
2. Our tour guide was knowledgeable and spoke decent English. I learned a lot about the area and history of the Taj/Agra Fort.
3. The lunch is a buffet of standard Indian cuisine chicken curry, naan bread, etc.
4. Alcohol is only available at lunch
5. Unlimited bottles of water was a bit of a stretch, we did not even have any until we got to Agra
1. Bring sunglasses. The sun reflecting off of the white marble actually destroys your corneas. If you want to be able to look at the Taj or the Palace in the Fort, bring your sunglasses.
2. The shopping is set up like a typical tourist trap. You get to hear a small presentation about how people make marble furniture or embroidered fabric etc. and then you get chaperoned around a shop full of inventory with no price tags. In my opinion, you'd have to be pretty new to the world to think that that is the best place for fine jewelry and other arts and crafts and be willing to pay 5k for them to then ship it to your house. Please do not get fooled by this is the only place in the world where this is made or it is illegal to sell these outside of Agra. Upon a 2 second google search I found much more reputable places selling identical stuff to marble-side-table-man in Agra, India in a building/warehouse down a dirt road.
3. The Taj is absolutely worth it. Beautiful sights, interesting history, and truly a great experience. The Agra Fort, however, way less worth it in my opinion. It's a cool place rich with history, but when your day starts at 6:30am and now it's 2pm and you're at the Fort AFTER you've already seen the Taj...you're really more interested in starting the 3 hours back to Delhi than walking around another complex hearing about the same kind of things and architecture. I do not know if there is a Taj only tour, but it may be worth your time if you, like me, are honestly just trying to see the Taj and have never heard of Fort Agra. None of your friends or family will say Oh maaan, did you see the Fort though?!? instead it will be more like What is Fort Agra?
It was a good experience. I'm glad I took this tour. I really have no complaints, it was worth the money. I got good pictures. I learned a lot. Bring sunglasses and maybe apply a little sunscreen before you go. Professional tour guide.
Awesome tour no glitches. Very smooth drive by Vipin to and from Agra in comfortable car with AC and WiFi!. Guide Rishi was very knowledgeable about the Agra fort and the Taj Mahal, and provided WiFi throughout the whole tour, too! Knew all the spots where we could take the best pictures, and took very good photos himself. Lunch included in the tour was good and plentiful, but drinks were not included, so we had to pay for our lassis and fresh lime sodas. The only thing we didn't much care for was the side shopping trips tried to skip them, but the guide was sort of insistent that we visit the shops.
It was a nice and lovely experience. We have enjoyed it a lot.
Some content licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
© 1997–Sun Feb 26 03:10:39 PST 2017 Viator, Inc. MAR015 - 330207 All rights reserved. Viator is a registered trademark of Viator, Inc.
is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc. Travel with an Insider is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Viator's Terms & Conditions.