- Bike tour of Brooklyn’s urban art scene
- See some of North Brooklyn’s most unique industrial canvases as you explore Bushwick and Williamsburg
- Admire 50 original works by international and local artists, in many mediums including spray paint, ink and sculpture
- Hear about cool music venues, art galleries and underground independent cinemas
- Learn about the history and development of this artistic area from your guide through your 2-way radio headset
- Stop along the way to enjoy coffee or tea and a tasty taco (included)
- Small-group tour limited to eleven people ensures a more personalized experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This tour is perfect for the urban adventurer looking for a unique Brooklyn experience. With a local artist as your guide, it doesn't get more authentic than this -- riding through transformative industrial areas, discovering urban canvases and learning about the area's expanding art culture.
What You Can Expect
Start by exploring Williamsburg, a new center for music, visual arts and nightlife. This neighborhood is an influential hub for indie rock, hipster culture and the local art community. Your guide will point out popular and off-the-grid music venues, performing arts centers and underground independent cinemas here. Get a taste of Brooklyn by stopping at a chocolate factory for coffee or tea.
Then, pedal to nearby Bushwick-- the gritty, industrial frontier of Brooklyn that’s full of edgy artwork from both up-and-coming and internationally known artists. Once a poverty-stricken and crime-riddled area, it is now in the midst of transforming and redefining itself into a artistic hub. Ride through 5 Pointz, the epicenter of the street art scene, run by the Bushwick Collective. Admire murals and graffiti-covered walls, and see industrial lofts and unique spaces that have been taken over by local artists who showcase their creativity in interesting and innovative ways. Fuel up with a tasty taco from a local tortilla factory before heading back to Williamsburg.
Throughout your ride, your 2-way radio headset lets you stay connected and engaged with your guide, who'll offer fascinating insight into Brooklyn’s underground art scene. Your guide is a local working musician, so you’ll get a true insider’s perspective!