Are you interested in?
- A guided walking tour of the High Line and Chelsea
- Learn from a guide the secrets of the High Line, facts few locals know
- Stroll around Chelsea, and visit the Meatpacking District
- An early morning start time allows you to be done before noon
Departure & Return
The tour meets on the corner of 15th Street & 9th Avenue next to the Chelsea Market. The guide will be there 15 minutes before the tour begins and will be holding an orange flag.
Tour ends near the corner of 14th Street & 9th Avenue.
What To Expect
After greeting the guide, ascend to the High Line Park, one of two elevated parks on the planet (the other is in Paris). After the railway was abandoned in the 1970s, the elevated structure sat unused and unloved for decades until a movement began to turn it into a park. Finally, in 2009, phase 1 opened and it has been a huge hit ever since.
Meet your guide at Chelsea Market to begin this exciting and information-packed guided walk through the elevated park known as the High Line as well as Chelsea and the trendy Meatpacking District. As of 2014, all three phases have been completed. Walk a portion of the High Line as the guide points out cutting edge architecture and art projects along the way.
Descend the park and begin to stroll the streets of Chelsea, a neighborhood crammed with art galleries, cool restaurants, and chilled-out cafes. Learn about the history of the area before making your way to the Meatpacking District, popular with trendy Europeans (and the people who love them). The cobblestone street-laden neighborhood was once a center for meat production: today it's all about eating meat and drinking trendy cocktails.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately. If canceled due to extreme weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY ExperienceFirst
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms