A hop-on hop-off New York bus tour allows you to see the city at your own pace and provides easy transportation to top sights. Entertaining tour guides keep you informed when you’re on board, and you can hop off and on the distinctive double-decker tour buses when you wish to check out attractions like the Empire State Building and Rockefeller Center. There are several options and combos to choose from when booking: the 24-hour Downtown Loop, a 48- or 72-hour All Loops (includes the Uptown Loop, Brooklyn Loop and Night Tour), the FreeStyle Pass (includes the All Loops plus your choice of three attractions or activities) or the VIP All-Access (includes skip-the-line benefits and greater flexibility with buses).
New York City Hop-on Hop-off Tour
Your hop-on hop-off New York bus tour features pre-recorded commentary in 11 languages, as well as live tour guides to provide assistance and information. The recorded narration includes music and NYC street sounds to keep you entertained while listening to GPS-triggered fun facts about the sights you see from the bus.
When booking, you have several tour options to choose from, detailed below.
24-hour Downtown Loop ticket:
Stops include St Patrick’s Cathedral, 42nd Street, Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Plaza, Times Square, South Street Seaport, Battery Park, Financial District, Chinatown, Little Italy, SoHo, Greenwich Village and the Empire State Building. Full loop duration is two hours.
48- or 72-hour All Loops ticket:
Downtown Loop plus the following three loops
Stops include Harlem Market, Apollo Theater, Grant’s Tomb, Cathedral of St John the Diving, American Museum of Natural History, Lincoln Center, Fifth Avenue, Central Park, Museum Mile, Guggenheim and the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Full loop duration is two hours.
Choose from eight stops; bus pickup is every 30 minutes; full loop duration is two hours. See the Brooklyn Museum, Fulton Mall, Antique Furniture District, Brooklyn Museum of Art and the Botanic Garden.
This 2.5-hour tour is NOT a hop-on hop-off tour. You’ll see more than 20 illuminated city sights and neighborhoods, including Little Italy, Chinatown, SoHo, Greenwich Village, the Empire State Building, Times Square and Central Park. During the holiday season, the Night Tour is replaced with the Holiday Lights Tour, which focuses on Midtown to show you New York City’s legendary department store windows and other Christmas-themed decorations.
If you want to combine your hop-on hop-off bus tour with other New York tours, restaurants, museums and cruises, upgrade to this pass, which includes the 72-hour All Loops ticket plus access to a selection of attractions. See the Itinerary section for a full list of options, such as the One World Observatory, Guggenheim, Empire State Building and ferry to the Statue of Liberty.
VIP All-Access 48-hour Pass
The ultimate option—you’ll enjoy the 48-hour All Loops ticket, plus skip-the-line benefits at more than 20 select sites. Also included is the ability to ride both the blue and red buses, which give you more frequency and flexibility to get around the city.
View additional info
FreeStyle Pass details:
If you select this pass when booking, you may choose a total of three of the following New York City cruises, attractions, restaurant options, museums and activities.
- City Sightseeing Cruises
- Ferry to the Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island
- One World Observatory
- State Building Observatory
- Madame Tussaud's All Access Pass
- Ripley's Believe It or Not
- Top of the Rock Observation Decks
Dining (selections from prix fixe menus; beverages and gratuities not included)
- Lincoln Center Tour
- The Radio City Stage Door Tour
- Rockefeller Center Tour
- Walking Tours Audio Guide (a good compliment to the hop-on hop-off bus tours; includes the World Trade Center Site, Financial District, Central Park, Chinatown, Little Italy, Flatiron Building, Madison Square Park, 9/11 Tribute Center)
- Lunch at Grotta Azzurra (Little Italy)
- Lunch at Bella Napoli (near the Empire State Building)
- Lunch at Buca di Beppo
- The Original SoupMan (259 W 55th Street)
- Lunch at Earl of Sandwich (Near Radio City)
- Lunch at Planet Hollywood International
- Perfect Picnic in Battery or Central Park (call before 10am to schedule fresh delivery)
- Lunch or Dinner at Copper Chimney Indian Restaurant (near the Empire State Building)
- Blue Planet Grill Restaurant (next to 9/11 Memorial)
- Breakfast or Lunch at Applebee's (42nd Street and 50th Street)
- American Museum of Natural History
- The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)
- Cloisters Museum
- Guggenheim Museum
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Intrepid Sea-Air-Space Museum
- Museum of the City of New York
- Museum of Arts and Design
- The Jewish Children's Museum