Your tour starts with pickup at your hotel or other accommodation in Niagara Falls, Ontario, by your private chauffer, who will drive you and your private guide straight to Niagara Falls.
Which features and activities you see and do are totally up to you — just let your guide know, and then let him or her expertly lead you to each attraction, providing informative commentary and interesting facts along the way. (Attractions that require a fee are at your own expense, and you can pay on the day of your tour.)
You have your choice of a 4-hour, 6-hour or 8-hour tour with your private guide. Choose based on how many activities you’d like to squeeze in; generally, you can do two to three activities in four hours, four to five activities in six hours, and six to seven activities in eight hours. In addition to your chosen activities, follow your guide to various viewpoints around the site to enjoy different perspectives of the falls; perhaps visit the brink of Horseshoe Falls, the whirlpool rapids observation deck or the power plant. Your wish is your guide’s command! Most popular activities:
Other possible activities:
- Hornblower cruise: One of Niagara’s top highlights, this wet and wild 1-hour cruise gets you as close to Horseshoe Falls as possible so you can hear how loud the water is and feel its powerful spray.
- Journey Behind the Falls: A series of tunnels that starts near the bottom of the Horseshoe Falls and gives you a look at the backside and underside of the falls, where you can enjoy a different perspective of the thundering water.
- Niagara helicopter ride: A thrilling 12 minutes of aerial views of the waterfalls, Niagara River and surrounding countryside.
- Skylon Tower: An observation deck that, at 520 feet (160 meters) above the ground and 775 (236 meters) feet above the bottom of the falls, offers spectacular views of the Niagara River and all three waterfalls on both the Canadian and American sides: Horseshoe Falls, Bridal Veil Falls and American Falls.
- Lunch or dinner at the Skylon Tower’s revolving dining room is also available.
- Butterfly Conservatory
- Imax Theatre
- Whirlpool Aero Car (a cable car that travels over the Niagara Whirlpool)
- Cave of the Winds (a wooden walkway along the river to the Hurricane Deck, right next to the falls)
- White Water Walk (a boardwalk along the white-water rapids that rush through the gorge)
- Niagara’s Fury (a history lesson and interactive simulation of the power of Niagara Falls)
At the end of your tour, you’ll be dropped off by your chauffeur at the location of your choosing.