Are you interested in?
Explore our promoted experiences
- Dive with sharks on this thrilling cruise from Oahu's North Shore
- Spot turtles, dolphins, and humpback whales on the way to your shark-viewing spot
- See the ocean's top predators up close from a secure underwater shark cage
- Common sightings include Galapagos sharks and sandbar sharks
- Expert crew ensures your safety and enjoyment
- Option to enter the shark cage or view from the boat
Departure & Return
Please drive out to Haleiwa Harbor on Oahu's north shore to meet the boat. Due to Covid-19 we are not currently offering van transfers to the harbor.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Since safety is one of the top priorities for the Oahu shark diving crew, receive a briefing on safe practices and how to act in the cage. Then, when it’s time to finally go looking for sharks, strap on your masks, step in the cage, and your shark watching adventure begins when you’re lowered in the water.
Out here in the open ocean away from the runoff and waves, visibility can often extend to as much as 200 feet (60m). When you first catch sight of a graceful shark swimming slowly but purposefully towards you, there’s a sudden and potent rush of adrenaline you simply can’t contain. Before you can even be scared, however, the sharks have swum to within inches of the cage and are circling in front of your face.
In the waters around Oahu, the most commonly sighted sharks you might find are Galapagos, Hammerhead, and Sandbar sharks, which range from 5-15 feet (1.5-4.5m) dependent upon their age. For travelers wanting to dive as a group, the cage can comfortably hold two adult divers and up to eight at a time—though it depends on current weather conditions and the amount of movement in the water.
And, if you simply don’t want to dive in the cage but are hoping to see some sharks, there’s still plenty of thrilling action you can experience while viewing from the deck of the boat.
Money-back guarantee that you see sharks!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: You are required to call the local tour operator 24-48 hours prior to tour to reconfirm booking; contact information is provided on your confirmation voucher
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY North Shore Shark Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "Be sure to have your waterproof camera or case because you’re not going to want to miss a minute of all this action." See review
- "I recommend taking motion sickness pills at least an hour prior to your trip." See review
- "Aerial and crew were very professional and safety is no.1 priority so follow their instructions carefully." See review