Are you interested in?
Embera Village Tours
2 Tours & Activities
7 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
288 Tours & Activities
8 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Immerse yourself in the culture of the Emberá, one of Panama's indigenous groups, during this 8-hour tour from Panama City. Interact with some members of the tribe and learn what their daily life is like in the rainforest. Ride through Lake Alajuela to the tribe's village aboard a 'piragua', a traditional canoe, passing a spectacular waterfall on the way. See some traditional dances, take a trail walk through the forest and purchase some traditional crafts as souvenirs. Upon departure, receive a traditional shamanic blessing for good travels. Lunch, national park fees and round-trip transportation from Panama City hotels are included.
- Ideal choice for families
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Explore a native Emberá village in the Panamanian rainforest
- Ride in a traditional canoe through Lake Alajuela
- Mingle with the villagers and learn what their daily life is like
- See traditional dances and get the opportunity to purchase native crafts as souvenirs
Saved to wishlist!
National Park fees
Live commentary on board
Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up at hotels and ports within Panama City, Gamboa, Colon2000 or Homeport in Colon. Playa Bonita pick up has a surcharge.
- Cristobal Colón observó, C. 93 C Este, Panamá, Panama
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of people per booking is required
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Embera Village Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "Wear shoes that you don't mind getting wet, no mosquitoes for us, and request Danial!" See review
Product code: 22161P2
Compare Similar Experiences
Embera Village Day Tour
1 day 6 hours
7 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesShore ExcursionsPorts of Call ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesPanama CityUnique Experiences - San Blas IslandsShore Excursions - San Blas IslandsPorts of Call Tours - San Blas IslandsUnique Experiences - LimonShore Excursions - LimonPorts of Call Tours - LimonUnique Experiences - CartagenaShore Excursions - CartagenaPorts of Call Tours - CartagenaCategory
Piedra PintadaSoberanía National ParkBiomuseoMetropolitan National Park (Parque Natural Metropolitano)Barro Colorado IslandPresidential Palace (Palacio de las Garzas)Chorro el Macho WaterfallContadora Island (Isla Contadora)Plaza de FranciaEl Nispero Zoo and Botanical GardenMetropolitan CathedralMi PueblitoFuerte Amador Cruise PortBayano Lake Caves (Lago Bayano Caves)Panama Interoceanic Canal Museum (Museo del Canal Interoceánico)Afro-Antillean Museum of Panama (Museo Afro-Antillano de Panama)Panamá Viejo (Old Panama Ruins)San Jose Church (Iglesia San Jose)Ancon Hill (Cerro Ancon)Bridge of the Americas (Puente de las Americas)