Are you interested in?
- 3-hour guided rainforest hike on Moorea
- Enjoy spectacular views of the Opunohu Valley as you start your hike at Belvedere Point
- Learn about Moorea's plant and bird life from your knowledgeable guide
- Get great photo ops of Mt Rotui, Mt Tohiea and Mt Mou’a Puta
- Includes hotel pickup and drop off from select Moorea hotels
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please note that for tours/transfers on Mondays and Week-End days, bookings must be made at the latest 72hours before.
If not, the tour/transfer may not be available due to process delay.
Please note that the departure of this activity is scheduled at 08:00 a.m. Consequently, Cruise ship dock pick-up will not be possible. Please refer to the pick up location before booking
What To Expect
Then set out on foot along a forested path of lush ferns and Tahitian chestnut trees. Learn to identify a range of bird calls and discover plants harvested for traditional cooking, fishing and Polynesian tapa cloth.
It’s a steady climb to Three Coconuts Pass and the foot of Mt Mou’a Roa, but you’re rewarded with views of Moorea’s volcanic caldera and the distant peaks of Mt Tohiea, Mt Rotui and Mt Mou’a Puta, whose rugged peaks rise dramatically from Cook's Bay. Snap photos of famed hole that pierces Mou’a Puta, reputed to be the result of a spear thrown by a powerful deity.
Admire these sights before you return along the same route, stopping for a refreshing dip at a waterfall. After about three hours of walking at a relaxed pace, rejoin your vehicle for the ride back to your hotel to conclude your morning tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Please brings closed-toe shoes suitable for walking, sunscreen, hat and insect repellent
- Please bring drinking water
- A moderate level of fitness is required
- Minimum of 2 people required for the tour to proceed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tahiti Nui Travel
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Moorea Three Coconuts Trail Guided Hike.