Are you interested in?
- Uncover lush rainforest, waterfalls and archeological sites on this full-day Papeete jeep safari tour
- Explore the inner-island of Papeete and learn about the fauna and flora of the region
- Informative and friendly guide
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Hotel pickup and drop off
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Make your first stop at Mount Marau, a former 19th-century French fortress. Treat yourself to a gorgeous vista of the lush, rainforest-clad Punaruu Valley and snap photos of the island's highest peaks: Orohena, Aorai, Tetufera and Teamaa.
Your tour continues to the Arahoho Blowhole, an unmarked roadside attraction created over eons by liquid lava, when battering surf undercut the basalt shoreline and eroded a tunnel-like passageway. When large waves crash into the rocks, watch in awe as a geyser-like plume of seawater shoots into the air and sprays onlookers.
Check out the local surfers and the black-sand beach before re-boarding the Jeep. You’ll enter to the Faaurumai Valley near Tahiti’s north coast to visit the three waterfalls of the Cascades of Faarumai — nestled in nearly impenetrable rainforest of hutu and mape trees. It’s an easy 5-minute walk to Vaimahutu Falls, which plunges 100 feet (30 meters) into a crystal-clear pool below.
Follow your guide along a 20-minute rainforest walk to reach the other two cascades, Haamaremare Iti and Haamaremare Rahi, and spend time at the final waterfall with a refreshing swim if you’d like. Back in your 4WD vehicle, make the return trip to Papeete where your full-day tour ends.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- What to bring: hat, sunscreen, swimsuit, comfortable walking shoes and towel
- Maximum tour size: 38 people
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 38 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tahiti Nui Travel
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "Good 4WD car well suited for narrow and very steep dirt tracks up and down with a very safety conscious tour guide driver." See review
- "If you are into scenic views inaccessible by regular car, nature and a thrill, this tour is for you!" See review
- "It actually rained the day we were on tour which we thought made it even more exciting!" See review