Are you interested in?
- Take part in a 1.5-hour match of Pétanque, a form of French boules, in Paris’ Dauphine Gardens
- Learn about the history of this popular French game from your friendly host
- Play boules as the French do -- with a glass of wine in your hand!
- Discuss strategy with your teammates and try to make a winning move known as faire un carreau
- Discover the complex rules of the game!
Departure & Return
Meet your guide in the middle of Pont Neuf bridge by the horse statue. Your guide will be wearing a Discover Walks' pink vest. The closest metro stations are Pont Neuf (line 7) or Cité (line 4).
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
The action of Pétanque revolves around throwing metal balls toward a wooden ball called the cochonnet. Try to land closest to the cochonnet and knock your opponent’s balls out of the way. Play a match against other tour group members while your guide provides tips and instruction on technique.
Enjoy the leisurely game in true French style, accompanied by a glass or two of wine in hand and snacks (included, or a soft drink if you prefer). After the 1.5-hour lesson and match, you’ll have a new skill that you can practice in villages all throughout France!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Must be 18 years of age to drink alcohol
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Discover Walks
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands