- Visit Musée d'Orsay and the village of Barbizon on a full-day tour from Paris
- Explore the museum on an audio tour and see Impressionist masterpieces by Van Gogh, Cézanne, Renoir and Monet
- Learn about the Pre-Impressionist artist Jean-François Millet, and see his famous Spring painting
- Travel to Barbizon, near the Forest of Fontainebleau, and explore Jean-François Millet Museum at leisure
- Enjoy an audio-guided tour of Musée de l'Ecole de Barbizon Auberge Ganne, and learn about the Barbizon school of painters
What You Can Expect
Hear theories about iconic Musée d'Orsay paintings like Van Gogh’s Starry Night Over the Rhone, and learn about the Pre-Impressionist painter Jean-François Millet – one of the founders of the Barbizon school of painters who represented the movement of Realism.
After gazing at the museum’s countless masterpieces, head outside and board your minivan for the brief journey to Barbizon village, near the Forest of Fontainebleau, to see the rustic charms that inspired paintings by Millet and other notable Pre-Impressionist painters. The quaint village with museums, galleries and shops dedicated to its arty heritage is perfect for a lazy few hours of ambling, so make the most of it by doing just that! You’ll have roughly two hours of free time in the town to explore and enjoy lunch.
Head inside Jean-François Millet Museum – the former workshop of the artist – and follow in his footsteps, seeing where he lived with his nine children while painting his world-famous works. After exploring at leisure, visit Musée de l'Ecole de Barbizon Auberge Ganne -- a museum dedicated to the Barbizon School’s legendary painters. Listen to an audio tour while walking around independently, seeing the murals and paintings that brought the artists their eventual fame.
Meet your guide back on your minivan at the pre-arranged time and return to Paris, finishing your tour at the start point.