- Somme Battlefields of WWI tour of Paris by minivan
- Personalized small group (maximum 18 people)
- Visit the Delville Wood cemetery at Longueval
- See the landmine Lochnagar crater
- Visit the Australian battlefield sites at Poziere and Mouquet Farm
- British memorial at Thiepval and Ulster Tower
- Visit the Australian National Memorial at Villers-Bretonneux
- Tour the Historial Peronne WWI museum
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off by minivan
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
See the Australian flag flying over Poziere in recognition of the sacrifices made by the ANZAC's in the battle that took place here during the battle of the Somme. This battle was followed by the battle of Mouquet Farm which you will also visit today.
Continuing to Thiepval, you will see the largest memorial dedicated to missing British Soldiers. You will also visit The Ulster Tower, a memorial to the men of the 36th Ulster division, the Beaumont-Hamel and the Newfoundland Memorial which offers a realistic and moving view of these battles in its remarkably well-preserved trenches system. During this day-trip you will also see the the Australian National Memorial at Villers-Bretonneux.
Finish the tour with a visit to the Historial at Peronne, an international and cultural museum of the first world war (1914-1918) which explains the conflict, its origins and its consequences.The museum boasts a unique collection of over 50,000 original objects and documents of everyday life during the war. Return to your Paris hotel.
Sebastian picked us up from our accommodation exactly at the time we were expecting him to. We had a breakfast stop, at a large road house which was most welcome. Our first stop was at The Adelaide Cemetery at Ville -Bretonneux where Sebastian gave us an in depth history lesson about the horrors of WW!. We journeyed onto several other significant memorials, with Sebastian providing an immense amount of information about each site. . This was an exceptional day and we thank Sebastian for his amazing knowledge and skilled driving!