Are you interested in?
- Tour Versailles' gardens by bicycles and see far more than visitors on foot
- Marie Antoinette's farm-style halmet, the Petit Trianon, and the Grand Trianon
- Visit to Versailles' market to shop for delicious picnic provisions (own expense)
- Explore the interior of the palace with an audio guide
Departure & Return
This tour meets in Paris, in a small park/clearing on Avenue Emile Zola opposite a café named "Café Regalia". The closest métro station is Javel-André Citroën (line 10). Use exit 1 (sortie 1, right side). Your guide will be wearing a Fat Tire Tours t-shirt and holding a sign.
This tour concludes in Versailles and guests are welcome to stay in Versailles until closing. They may also return to central Paris with their guide.
What To Expect
The gardens and forests of Versailles span 1,976 acres (800 hectares), and are crisscrossed by a network of picturesque trails and tree-lined paths. Follow your guide and leave behind the pedestrians as you explore parts of the grounds that few venture out to, including Marie Antoinette's country-style hamlet, the Petit Trianon, and the Grand Trianon.
Arrive at a lovely secluded section of the Grand Canal that only those on bicycles can reach easily, and settle in for your picnic lunch. Get a kick out of the fact that you are sitting on the same spot where Louis XIV, XV, and XVI enjoyed their meals when they wished to admire their spectacular palace from the outside. Then, cycle back toward the palace and spend time inside. With your provided audio-guide, learn about the lives of the French monarchy before their removal from power by the 1789 Revolution. See the King's State Apartments and Chapel, and walk through the unforgettable Hall of Mirrors, where the treaty ending WWI was signed.
Your Versailles bike tour ends with a return to Paris via RER train.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If a children's bike is required, you must advise at time of booking.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- You will cover an area of approximately 10 miles on a relatively flat terrain. The ride is leisurely and therefore suitable for all levels of fitness.
- Child seats are available if requested at the time of booking
- Tandem bikes are available for children aged 10 years and younger.
- All participants under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Fat Tire Tours - Paris
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience