Are you interested in?
8 Tours & Activities
Kek Lok Si Temple Tours
84 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
322 Tours & Activities
5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Experience the magic of Penang Hill and Kek Lok Si Temple with ease on a 5-hour tour. Complimentary round-trip transportation from your hotel allows you to skip the stress and discomfort of taxis. During the journey, listen to live commentary from your driver cum guide on local history and culture. You also enjoy easy ascent (and complimentary fare) with the funicular up to Penang Hill and chairlift to the Bronze Statue.
- Travel comfortably in air-conditioned transportation
- Enjoy courtesy fare for the funicular and chairlift
- Visit two of Penang’s top landmarks in one day
- Learn about local history and culture
Saved to wishlist!
A half day tour with a professional English-speaking guide cum driver.
All applicable taxes and service charges
Funicular Train Ticket up and down Penang Hill
Kek Lok Si Temple Chairlift Ride ticket to Bronze Statue
Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
Supplements for transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
Hotel expenses of a personal nature, should an overnight be included: this includes mini-bar consumption, laundry, room service, any telephone or other communication cost not mentioned in the program
Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Penang Island hotel, Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide cum driver.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying on Penang Island. Transfers outside these areas (inclusive of George Town, Tanjung Bungah and Ferringhi Beach), including any accommodation on Penang mainland and from/to Penang International airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Tours and transfers are commonly operated by an English-speaking guide cum driver for smaller individual travellers. A minimum number of guests are required on tours to have a separate guide and driver confirmed for privately-booked tour options.
- Due to the nature of this tour, we regret to inform you that this excursion is not suitable for wheelchair users.
- Guests are advised that some walking and stair climbing is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- We reserve the right to make necessary changes to the excursion in case of unfavourable weather conditions or situations where we are forced to make alterations to guarantee the safety of our guests.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 48 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 48 hours may be on request.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Asian Trails LTD
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Penang Hill and the Kek Lok Si Temple?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Penang Hill and the Kek Lok Si Temple?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Penang Hill and the Kek Lok Si Temple?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Penang Hill and the Kek Lok Si Temple?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Product code: 8084P733
Explore Similar Things to Do
Rail ToursFull-day ToursHalf-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingPenangRail Tours - LangkawiFull-day Tours - LangkawiHalf-day Tours - LangkawiRail Tours - Ko LipeFull-day Tours - Ko LipeHalf-day Tours - Ko LipeRail Tours - Hat YaiFull-day Tours - Hat YaiHalf-day Tours - Hat YaiCategory
Khoo Kongsi (Leong San Tong Khoo Kongsi Clan House & Museum)TeddyVille MuseumPenang Armenian Street (Lebuh Armenian)Penang Botanical Gardens (Taman Botani Penang)Wonderfood Museum PenangMade in Penang Interactive MuseumMonkey BeachUpside Down MuseumPenang War MuseumAsia Camera Museum PenangCheong Fatt Tze Mansion (Blue Mansion)Penang Bridge (Jambatan Pulau Pinang)Sun Yat Sen Museum PenangKomtarPenang State Museum and Art GalleryPenang Tunnel Museum (Penang Time Tunnel)Pinang Peranakan MansionPenang Hill Funicular RailwaySnake Temple (Hock Hing Keong)Penang Hill (Bukit Bendera Pulau Pinang)