Are you interested in?
78 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
194 Tours & Activities
122 Tours & Activities
4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
You may also like
Named after King George III of England, George Town is the oldest city in Malaysia. See how much remains unchanged as you view British Colonial buildings and more along its UNESCO-listed streets. This private half-day tour of Penang’s multicultural capital includes a visit to a Buddhist temple, the State Museum, Little India and Chinatown. Enjoy views of Penang Bridge on a waterfront stroll down a clan jetty.
- Private half-day tour of George Town, accompanied by a personal guide
- View top landmarks in the World Heritage–listed capital of Penang
- Visit Little India and the temples of Chinatown
- See the British-built fort and stroll the waterfront
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by private vehicle included
Saved to wishlist!
A half-day tour with a professional English-speaking guide cum driver.
A refreshment en route
All applicable taxes and service charges
All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description
Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
Compulsory Christmas, country-specific festival and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
Single supplement charges for single travelers, where applicable
Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We can pick up from only hotels in George Town, TanjungBungah and Ferringhi Beach, Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- This tour is operated both on private basis as well as on joint / Seat-In-Coach basis.
- Joint tours are operated with an English-speaking guide-cum-driver only. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply (private tours only).
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying on Penang Island. Transfers outside these areas (inclusive of George Town, Tanjung Bungah and Ferringhi Beach), including any accommodation on Penang mainland, cruise terminals, and from/to Penang International airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Tours and transfers are commonly operated by an English-speaking guide cum driver for smaller individual travellers.
- A minimum number of guests are required on tours to have a separate guide and driver confirmed for privately-booked tour options.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Guests are advised that some walking and stair climbing is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- This tour is operated only in the morning.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Asian Trails LTD
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Questions & Answers
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during A Discovery of Charming Penang?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during A Discovery of Charming Penang?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during A Discovery of Charming Penang?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during A Discovery of Charming Penang?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 8084P58
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingPenangBus Tours - LangkawiHistorical Tours - LangkawiHalf-day Tours - LangkawiBus Tours - Ko LipeHistorical Tours - Ko LipeHalf-day Tours - Ko LipeBus Tours - Hat YaiHistorical Tours - Hat YaiHalf-day Tours - Hat YaiCategory
KomtarMonkey BeachWonderfood Museum PenangPinang Peranakan MansionPenang Botanical Gardens (Taman Botani Penang)Snake Temple (Hock Hing Keong)Penang House of MusicMade in Penang Interactive MuseumSun Yat Sen Museum PenangPenang Tunnel Museum (Penang Time Tunnel)Penang Hill (Bukit Bendera Pulau Pinang)TeddyVille MuseumAsia Camera Museum PenangPenang Armenian Street (Lebuh Armenian)Penang Hill Funicular RailwayUpside Down MuseumPenang State Museum and Art GalleryPenang Bridge (Jambatan Pulau Pinang)Khoo Kongsi (Leong San Tong Khoo Kongsi Clan House & Museum)Penang War Museum