Are you interested in?
Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Half-day, small-group, historical tour of Phnom Penh
- Hear personal stories of one of the darkest periods in Cambodia's history
- Visit Tuol Sleng Genocide Musuem
- See the Killing Fields and memorial stupa at Choeung Ek
- Try local Khmer snacks
Departure & Return
Front Entrance of National Museum of Phnom Penh
Drop off at centrally located hotels in Phnom Penh.
What To Expect
Confront Cambodia's tragic past, on a guided tour of the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum, a former school which served as a Khmer Rouge torture centre. Then head out of the city to the Choueng Ek Memorial, where a pagoda made up of some 8,000 human skulls marks the site of one of the infamous Killing Fields.
Finish by sampling some interesting Khmer snacks and exploring how this recent history and politics continue to affect the lives of average Cambodian.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Small-group tour maximum 12 people per tour
- Please note: Dress standards are conservative throughout Asia, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing, especially when visiting temples. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate.
- For most of the year it is hot in Cambodia. Please keep hydrated and bring sunscreen and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Effective Sept 1, 2021, travellers 18+ must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Children 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or lateral flow) conducted maximum 72 hours prior, proof of recovery dated up to 9 months or proof of vaccination. View full policy at urbanadventures.com/vaccine.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Urban Adventures Cambodia
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms