Are you interested in?
- Half-day cooking class in Puerto Vallarta
- Shop for ingredients at a bustling outdoor market
- Visit a tortilla factory to buy dough for tortilla making
- Get a lesson in cooking Mexican specialties from a master chef
- Learn about Mexican culinary culture and history
- Taste tequila and mezcal, and eat everything that you cook
- Small-group class ensures easier access to the instructor
Departure & Return
Please indicate to the driver to drop you off at the corner of "Frutería Montero" in "Mercado Palmar de Aramara" (this market is one block behind Sam's Club) Your guide will meet you at this point.
What To Expect
Next, visit a local tortilla factory to purchase the dough needed for fresh tortillas. With bags bursting with fresh produce, journey to the house of the master chef to begin your culinary class. Depending on which day of the week it is, learn to make a delicious and distinct main course inspired by the gastronomic traditions of the region; regularly features dishes include salsa de molcajete (a smooth sauce of fresh and fiery chiles), tacos and fresh fish ceviche. If you cook mole poblano, learn about the 27-ingredient combination that composes this spectacular sauce.
Conclude your cooking with tequila and mezcal tasting session before sitting down to dine on the fruits of your labor. Converse with your companions and the chef as you enjoy the true taste of Mexico. Relax during the return journey to the tour’s original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age to drink alcohol is 21 years
- We are subject to the freshness of the produces in the market, therefore, all menus can be modified by the Chef without previous notification.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Note: Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please Let us know about Food Allergies, Food restrictions or Mobility issues
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cookin' Vallarta
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Check the menu to see if your favorites are on it for your scheduled day." See review
- "Maybe make smaller groups and let the people cook all of the meal make simpler meals!" See review
- "If you and your friends or family are looking for an authentic cooking experience we highly recommend Cooking Vallarta." See review