Are you interested in?
- Discover the wildlife of Magdalena and Marta Islands during a shore excursion
- Marvel at the wide variety of sea birds that call Marta Island home
- Scout for dolphins, sea lions, and other aquatic creatures
- Perfect excursion for nature and wildlife lovers
Departure & Return
We will be waiting you at our Prat port office (Fiordos del Sur). If you arrive to MARDONES pier, please take a taxi (10 minutes, $9) to PRAT pier to meet us at FIORDOS DEL SUR office. Ask your cruise line where your ship will dock.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Start by circumnavigating the perimeter of Marta Island by boat. As you cruise you’ll get a chance to observe the island’s wide variety of seabirds like Skuas, Austral seagulls, and Cormorants, as well as its resident sea lions and “sea elephants.” Make sure to also keep your eyes peeled during the boat ride for local Austral dolphins. You’ll the head to Magdalena Island, where you’ll be able to disembark from the ship for one hour to visit its collection of more than 150,000 penguins.
At the end of the trip, return back to tour operator’s office in Punta Arenas. Those who did not select the port transfer will end the trip here, while those who picked the transfer option will be returned to their cruise ship.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 9 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for ALL participants.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions, if canceled due to poor weather, you will be given a full refund.
- This trip can be canceled due to few passengers or poor weather by Punta Arenas Administration even one hour before starting.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 68 travelers
- OPERATED BY Top Private Tours
- If you cancel less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 4 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms