Are you interested in?
- Tour of Raufarhólshellir lava tunnel
- Choose departure time to suit your schedule
- Group-tour is limited to 30 people so you get personalized attention
- Learn about rock formations, volcanic activity, and ice sculptures
- Headlamp and helmet included
Departure & Return
The tunnel is very easily accessed about 30 minutes drive from Reykjavik. Head east on road no. 1 and drive for about 18 km. Turn right onto road no. 39 (Þorlákshöfn) and drive for another 12 km. You will see our service building and parking lot on the left (if coming from Reykjavik).
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommend for children under the age of 3
- Not recommended for people with back, knee or other health issues
- Sturdy shoes are important and it is recommend that you bring rain coat / jacket.
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- Bathrooms are available on location.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY The Lava Tunnel
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by The Lava Tunnel - Standard Lava Tunnel Tour - Raufarhólshellir.