4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Rio de Janeiro is much-loved by travelers for its sun, sand, and samba, but this tour takes you deeper into the city’s history and culture. Your guide will take you to the most important places in the city’s history of civil rights and immerse you in Afro-Brazilian culture and traditions while teaching you about the struggle for the abolition of slavery in Brazil. The tour concludes at a samba school where you will learn about the engaging dance form’s history of resistance.
- Small-group tour (maximum 15) ensures a personal experience
- Get insight into local history and culture from your guide
- See places missed by most visitors to Rio
- Includes entrance to Cidade Do Samba
Saved to wishlist!
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointPraça Floriano, 1 - Centro, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20031-050, Brazil
Return DetailsCidade do Samba - Gamboa, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, Brazil
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Rio by Foot - Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Afro Walking Tour - Samba and resistance ?
The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the social distancing policy during Afro Walking Tour - Samba and resistance ?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Afro Walking Tour - Samba and resistance ?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 90295P1
Explore Similar Things to Do
HikingTrolley Tours Historical ToursArt ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingRio de JaneiroHiking - Southeast BrazilTrolley Tours - Southeast BrazilHistorical Tours - Southeast BrazilArt Tours - Southeast BrazilHalf-day Tours - Southeast BrazilHiking - Ilha GrandeTrolley Tours - Ilha GrandeHistorical Tours - Ilha GrandeArt Tours - Ilha GrandeHalf-day Tours - Ilha GrandeHiking - BúziosTrolley Tours - BúziosHistorical Tours - BúziosArt Tours - BúziosHalf-day Tours - BúziosCategory
Catete Palace (Palácio do Catete)NiteroiNiteroi Contemporary Art Museum (MAC)Selarón Steps (Escadaria Selarón)Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon (Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas)Lage Park (Parque Lage) Santa Teresa (Barrio Santa Teresa)Guanabara BayRio de Janeiro Royal Palace (Paco Imperial)Rio de Janeiro Cathedral (Catedral Metropolitana de Sao Sebastiao)Angra Dos ReisPrainha BeachRocinhaPetropolis Wax Museum (Museu de Cera de Petrópolis)Chacara do Ceu MuseumMuseum of Tomorrow (Museu do Amanha)Recreio dos Bandeirantes BeachRioZoo (Jardim Zoológico do Rio de Janeiro)PetropolisRio de Janeiro Museum of Modern Art (Museu de Arte Moderna)