Are you interested in?
- Enjoy access to Rio de Janeiro's Christ the Redeemer statue in the morning with an expert guide
- Spend time in tranquility atop Corcovado Mountain before crowds rush in
- Ride the cable car up Sugar Loaf Mountain for more amazing photo ops
- Upgrade to included a barbecue buffet and/or a Rio city tour
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
When you reach your destination, lace up your shoes and climb the 220 steps or opt for the easier route by riding the elevator. At the 2,300-foot (700-meter) summit, find yourself in the presence of the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue. Listen as your guide explains the history of the statue, constructed in 1931 from concrete and sandstone and named one of the Seven Wonders of the World in 2007. The statue's arm span is 98 feet (30 meter), and it stands 130 feet (39 meters) tall. Spend ample time admiring the statue and taking photos of the panoramic views of Rio.
Then, board a glassed-in cable car to the peak of Sugar Loaf Mountain, stopping once at a scenic viewpoint. Upon reaching the top of Sugar Loaf at 1,299 feet (396 meters) above sea level, admire the views of Niteroi, Copacabana, and Santa Cruz Fortress.
Descend in the cable car and climb back aboard your vehicle for drop-off.
Upgrade to include a delicious barbecue buffet lunch at a traditional Brazilian churrascaria for a chance to sample the local cuisine. A city tour upgrade is also available to visit the main highlights of Rio de Janeiro. Combine all options for a comprehensive tour of Rio.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Note: If the road is closed due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date
- Important: During High Season, Carnival and December 28th through December 30th, the lines at Christ the Redeemer may be longer than expected. The tour operator will do the best they can to get there as early as possible, but please take in mind, delays may occur
- The inclusions and duration will depend on the option selected.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Amigo Tours South America
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "It is definitely worth going early as the crowds build through the morning." See review
- "Might want to give the tour guide a portable microphone so that the group can hear better." See review
- "Not nearly as crowded because there are two cable cars to get to the top that regulates how many people get to go up." See review