The email or password you entered isn't correct. If you've forgotten your password, please reset it. Click here
There was an error logging in, please try again.
Log in to Viator
Log in to add things to your wishlist and access your bookings from any device.
This was a great evening, full of information, advice, fun and hands on activity! Our hosts were clear, interesting and knowledgable. They explained, demonstrated and helped each of us. The dining after the preparation was very enjoyable.
Pasta making class was great. Chef Alessandro and his assistants were very good at instruction and fun! Only criticism is it took a very long time to get our dinners. We felt more staff was needed for that portion of the evening.
Really enjoyed this experience. We had 2 great chefs show us how to make amazing pasta and tiramisu. They were really patient and encouraging and told us some great tips for when we attempt to make ourselves at home. And it all tasted delicious! My husband and I would highly recommend this experience.
1. Class was poorly setup and organized.
2. We did not cook anything. In a class of 7, 2 people prepared dessert that we scooped into a jar. We created dough, then worked dough, then cut dough. That is it. Even the ravioli filling was pre prepped and we were not even previewed to the production minus some lemon zest.
3. We order a few bottles of wine, the house red, which was a brand not on the menu and were charged 25 euro a bottle. We took a picture, went to the liquor store around the corner, still near the plaza and paid 5.50 Euro. This is the first time we were taken for a ride in Italy for wine.. Technically not being tourists, the friends I was with were extremely surprised.
4. The chef left halfway through for a bday party.
5. The "class" was thrown together on a fold out table without the proper amount of space for all participants and the instructor. It was a crap shoot from the beginning. We played nice to avoid being grouped in with "American Tourists" but this couldn't be the first complaint. The creator of the tour contacted me without knowing I had an issue and offered me a full refund in exchange of quieting the group and not reviewing this properly. My fellow travelers, do not take this class if you want to learn, have a good time, and enjoy some drinks with friends. Go to another place, there are countless tours available offering the same products. Being sour from the disappointment of something we were all looking foward to, then being ripped off for house wine at the end leaves a sour taste for the organizer and then the restaurant. Shame because the location was beautiful and the chef, if he didnt need to leave, was the only bright spot.
Things seem rushed. Not so much a cooking class , more of a demonstration. Wine outside of your tickets is incredibly over priced. You don’t learn how to make a sauce , just the noodles. Only 2 people make the tiramisu filling and everyone else watches due to space and perhaps time. I do not feel like it was worth the money I spent on the ticket.
An amazing insight into the true Italian dishes. Thoroughly enjoyed preparing our dinner from scratch and enjoyed a lovely evening meal. Very fresh and tasted delicious! Highly recommended whilst visiting Rome!