Call (888) 651-9785
This tour was amazing!
DLBone United States of ...
This was such an amazing trip! Would highly recommend for those wanting to explore as much in a short time.
A great experience! We could not have had a better tour and tour guide. Stephano was fun, helpful, and patient with our diverse group.
Antonio driver and Clara tour guide are great people. Very organized with lots of information of top things to see and do. What makes this tour great, is you dont have to worry about driving yourself and possibly getting lost to find your destinations. You will visit approximately 13 cities in 5 days and four nights. Clara always has a time and a meeting spot for those of us that want to venture off away from the big group. With a group of 43 people, you may not get to see everything you want if you stay with the group. Lots of talking and history which is good for people that want to listen. For us, we can google the information as we venture off and see the beauties of Italy. If you have a good sense of direction, you wont get lost! The only complaint is the hotel location in Florence is approximately a 2 mile walk away from everything. For those of you that are not in shape or cant walk long distance, understand that not all locations are close to everything. This is a heavy waking tour which we walked about 4-8 miles daily.
Helpful tips for you to prepare ahead of time:
- Best time to visit Italy in the Fall would be October. The weather is perfect, not many kids and your not sweaty. When we travel North to Venice, a light jacket will be needed for the day/night. Dont wear skirts and then complain your cold in Venice when your on an Island. Its October and the north is a little chilly.
- There are cold water bottles on the bus that cost 1 Euro each. We would buy a 12 pack of small water bottles from the supermarket and bring with us. Cost is 2 Euros which makes more sense.
- Have plenty of small Euros/change on hand. Some places may charge for using the bathroom.
- Optional extra excursions will be offered on the bus for Venice. Venice by Night Tour and Gondola Ride. This costs anywhere from 23-45 Euros extra and no credit cards can be used to pay for the optional excursions.
- Venice by Night is worth the tour because its less crowded and you will be more familiar with the area for the next day when you get to venture off after your local tour guide finishes the tour.
- To enter the many churches/cathedrals there is a church code policy meaning that shoulders and knees must be covered. Ensure you dress appropriately.
- Our bus did not have phone charging outlets, so bring extra power charging sources to allow your phone to keep charged all day. The bus does offer free WiFi.
- Meals provided are all buffet but they will happily accommodate any special diet needs. In Maestre if not staying in Venice hotel, the hotel food is horrible. Dont waste your time with the buffet. Also, the internet is really bad even if you pay the extra Euros. If you are on the first floor, then there are no issues.
- Dinners are late, not until typically 7pm-8pm.
This was an amazing way to see Italy! We had such a great trip with a group of awesome people. Nicole, our guide, was fantastic! We had one couple that were a little difficult being nice but we didn't let them ruin our trip. DO THE EXTRAS!!! Pisa was amazing as was the Gondola ride. In Venice, if you have the option, upgrade your stay to the Hotel on Venice Island. There were a handful of guest who were very bummed that they didn't do this.
If you are looking for a way to see many sites in a short time, this is the trip. Note, there is a lot of walking everyday and the surfaces are not always flat. We traveled with my dad who is 70 so I was always having to watch for uneven surfaces, odd steps, just something to keep in mind.
You better have your walking shoes on because you're going to need them to see all the amazing spots Italy has to offer and that via tour takes you too!!!
It was a well-organized tour!
This was my first experience of a coach tour but I'm thoroughly glad I went. From the moment we set off from Rome the trip was well coordinated and catered for everyone's needs, young or old. I firmly believe that the Tour Leader, Sabrina Prasede, was the main reason for the success of the trip. She was organized, efficient and yet always seemed to have time for every individual on the trip. Whether people needed the extra attention or just wanted to be left to discover for themselves, Sabrina was able to give the time and attention that was needed. If you get her as your Tour Leader you will have an excellent experience!
The tour took in five cities between the primary locations of Rome, Florence and Venice with stops at Assisi and Sienna on day one. These locations were well chosen and there was ample time to walk the streets and see the sites while there. The hotel in Florence was excellent as was the optional trip on day two to Pisa....a Must See. I would also recommend the walking tour of Florence to see the sites with a local Tour Guide.
Between Florence and Venice we stopped at Bologna and Padova. Again, well chosen locations with sufficient time to see everything. The hotel we stayed in, just outside of Venice, Hotel Delfina, does let the overall quality of the tour down somewhat. The hotel rooms are ok, but the staff are just not focused on the guests - front desk, restaurant and chambermaids. This is the one thing that should change, find another hotel that welcomes guests and treats them as they should be treated.
Venice, again with a local Tour Guide, is an excellent day's sightseeing and then on to Montepulciano and wine country before returning to Rome.
What stands out for me is that, while the tour took in 8 locations in 5 days I never felt rushed or that I had missed anything that I wanted to see. I would definitely do this type of trip again.
It was excellent. Tour guide was friendly and funny. We loved the places this tour stopped at during the tour
Based on the positive reviews, we booked with this 5-day Italy trip. One month past our trip and we're still talking about how wonderful our experience was and would highly recommend this tour to anyone planning a trip to Italy for their first time.
The service and response from viator was excellent.
Our tour guide was Sabrina, and our driver, Antonio. From the moment we met them, they were extremely warm and friendly with us and everyone else in our group. Sabrina first made sure we knew our schedule for the coming days and had all the paperwork sorted out right at the beginning. Before each stop she gave us information of the place we were visiting, the things we were going to see and would recommend wonderful places to check out during our free time. She took good care of us all and connected with us on a personal level. Antonio was so friendly and always had a smile on. He would warmly greet us every morning while helping place our luggage in the bus. Some places we stopped at, such as Florence, Venice, Pisa had local tour guides who took us around the place and they were lovely too. Some activities such as 'Venice by night' and 'Gondola ride', though optional, are highly recommended and we were very well briefed about them by Sabrina. The hotels we checked into were comfortable.
All of the cities and villages, the churches and museums we went to were absolutely gorgeous. If you are travelling in the summer, be sure to carry a bottle of water with you at all times. You will get bottles of cold water for a Euro each in the bus. There is a lot of walking around to do, so it would be best to have walking or sports shoes on. Before entering a church it is required to have your shoulders and knees covered.
There is a city tax that has to be paid and this tax varies from place to place that will be billed to you at the time of check-out.
All in all, our trip was wonderful, not only because of the beauty of this country which is overwhelming, but also because of viator, Antonio and Sabrina to guide us.
Some content licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
© 1997–Sun May 20 03:29:40 PDT 2018 Viator, Inc. MAR015 - 330218 All rights reserved. Viator is a registered trademark of Viator, Inc.
is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc. Travel with an Insider is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Viator's Terms & Conditions.