Book and travel before April 30, 2014, and save 20% on the recommended retail price.
Numbers are limited to 25 on this small-group tour ensuring you’ll see these top Rome attractions with personalized attention from your guide.
- 2.5-hour Ancient Rome and Colosseum by night tour
- Sightsee in the cooler evening temperatures and see Rome’s top attractions without the busy daytime crowds
- Gaze down at the Roman Forum from a vantage point at Piazza del Campidoglio
- Walk around the Colosseum’s reconstructed arena floor, in the space where gladiator battles were fought
- Visit the underground chambers and hear tales of the wild animals that were caged here
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 25 people ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
The Roman Forum is closed at night, but your guide will lead you to a little-known vantage point in Piazza del Campidoglio that offers a perfect vista of the site. Watch the soft evening light set on the city’s ancient monuments, seeing all the notable ruins, like the Sanctuary of Vestal Virgins – a temple that was once home to Rome’s most revered women.
See Caesar’s and Augustus’ forums as you walk down the hill, and then stop outside the highlight of your tour – the Colosseum. Basking in its Roman-era glory, the city’s undisputed A-list attraction is virtually empty at this time of night, leaving the ancient structure filled with shadows rather than shuffling feet. Walk around the reconstructed arena floor, and stand in the space where battles were once fought, while hearing all the little-known details of the gladiator games from your guide. Little of the original arena floor still exists, but the gaps in the surface offer a great vantage point to the underground levels below.
Then, head below ground to see the chambers for yourself, working your way through the tunnels where gladiators and beasts walked before being hoisted to the arena floor via trap doors. Few visitors to the Colosseum get to walk through these chambers, as they are only open to a limited number of people per day; even better, you’ll be one of a very select few to see the chambers at night, making this visit even more exciting.
After exploring the Colosseum’s darkened corners with your guide, your tour ends outside the monument around 9:30pm.