Call (888) 651-9785
The reindeer and husky trip was selected because it combined two of the activities that were on our wish list and ensured that our granddaughter of 4 years was not subjected to the cold for too long a period.
Our three generation party of five were picked up promptly at our hotel in the centre of Rovaniemi. Our friendly tour guide outlined the program of the visit and was a fount of knowledge and engaging during the travelling to and at the respective reindeer and husky farms.
At the reindeer farm the Sami guide took us to a typical reindeer herders tent where he performed an Arctic Circle initiation ceremony followed by storytelling whilst sitting around a blazing log fire. Following this we were taken for a sleigh ride which we drove ourselves through an enchanting landscape which was just like being in your very own Christmas card. Afterwards we met more reindeer and were able to pet them and feed them with lichen. My granddaughter had been told that if she winked at a reindeer and it winked back it was Rudolf there was much winking with a successful outcome. Finally we were invited back for refreshments in a Sami log cabin.
At the husky farm we had a very exhilarating and thrilling 2.5km ride as you whip around the track with the cold wind in your face in a sledge driven by 12 dogs. After the ride we retired to a cabin and whilst we warmed ourselves by the fire were given lots of information about the dogs by a husky loving enthusiastic Ukranian girl and we were plied with the local hot berry juice. There was also the opportunity to visit the dog kennels
This tour is highly recommendable especially for young families and experiencing reindeer and huskies shouldnt be missed.
The only downside to the trip was its cost which I thought very expensive for just over 2.5 hours but seemed to be the going rate.
I enjoyed this very very much! I got to feed and ride a Reindeer. Furthermore, there was a storytelling part before the Reindeer ride.
The husky ride was also enjoyable. Igor our tour guide is very friendly and even offered to take pictures for me since, I am a solo traveler.
This tour is highly recommendable!
Great fun. The Sami guide at reindeer portion was great, as we getting to pet and feed the reindeer! It was great getting to pet the dogs at the dog park too. The only cons were that the rides were very short. Probably 3 minutes for the reindeer maybe a bit longer if the reindeer don't run, but ours did that day and a 1 km ride on the dogs, which takes about 5 minutes. The dog sled ride was just right as your face gets very cold from the wind. It is a great snack if you don't have the time or money for a full meal of an expedition. Our guide, Nick, was very nice and personable. He went out of his way to make our experience enjoyable.
Very good tour for families - your child would love it. Even though the weather was pretty warm, there were plenty of snow for dogs and reindeers to run. Very knowledgeable and professional guide. Nice family tour!
Huskys and reindeers safaris are those once in a lifestyle experiences that we didnt want to miss during our trip. Husky safari is more exiting as dogs run, while reindeers only walk. Complemented by the interesting and entertaining stories about the life of the animals, safaris are probably the best experience we got in Rovaniemi. Highly recommended!
Overall, the tour was fun even though we didn and #39;t get to go on the reindeer sleigh ride. Our tour guide was very informative and engaging. The guide at the reindeer farm was very interactive and we fed the reindeers. At the husky farm we learned a bit about the dogs and went on the husky ride.
The 2 stars that I am giving is actually kind enough as to consider my tour guide effort on that day. She was the only reason for me not to downgrade this rate to 1 star. Other than that, I would just say everything went wrong with this tour.
1. From the tour timing that was supposed to be at 10am the reason I chose it from others due to consideration of sun availability to take good photos in the winter, Easy Travel informed me that it had to be changed to 2.30pm during the dark. I hate tour that simply change its timing not following whatever that is written in viator.
2. I was picked late by the van because of miscommunication problem, that resulted to shorten my tour duration period. Not good.
3. It is written there in viator that you will be picked at your hotel if it is located in the city. My accommodation was in the city. And from the beginning when I booked I have put in my hotel address. End up at 2.30pm nobody arrived, then when I called I found out that they had sent a last minute email that my pick up will meet me at another hotel in the city this place is not very close to mine. Firstly, if your package says that I will be picked at my hotel, then why would I walk to another hotel in the cold just to make your life easier instead of mine? Secondly, I was the only one who joined this tour on that time, so why would you want to pick me at a place where you don't even have any other customer there?
4. When they informed me the time will be changed to 2.30pm, first question that I asked was would there be any light provided during the tour as I wanted to take photos and videos I write a travel blog with a lot of readers, therefore this is very important for me as I need to capture/record my experience and share them. Easy Travel responded my email by saying 'Yes, portable light will be provided during the tour'. This was the reason I straight away gave my confirmation for the tour. No portable light was provided none whatsoever, completely in the dark. They lie. I didn't like it. I felt cheated.
5. The rides were ok and I enjoyed them but just too short. Some people might have consider these are not worth their money. The reindeer farm was slightly better than the husky because it is located far from the city. That is why we pay for a tour isn't it? The husky place was very near to Santa Village, very touristy looking place and I could have done it lot cheaper by taking bus no 8 which costed 7.20 Euro return and entry cost which was only 7 Euro and 20 Euro for ride.
Some content licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
© 1997–Thu Feb 23 20:42:44 PST 2017 Viator, Inc. MAR015 - 330212 All rights reserved. Viator is a registered trademark of Viator, Inc.
is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc. Travel with an Insider is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Viator's Terms & Conditions.