See some of Finland’s beautiful native animals close-up on a 5-hour trip to Ranua Zoo from Rovaniemi. Stroll around the forest trails of the family-friendly wildlife park, and observe Arctic animals such as lynx, bears, reindeer, owls and more, plus Finland's only polar bears. Then, visit the zoo’s restaurants and shops, including a souvenir, candy and wine store. The trip includes zoo admission ticket, round-trip transport and hotel pickup and drop-off.
- 5-hour trip to Ranua Zoo from Rovaniemi
- Visit outdoor Ranua Zoo, home to an array of Finland’s native animals
- Explore the forest trails to view Arctic animals such as owls, bears, reindeer, and lynx
- See Finland’s only polar bears and learn how the animals survive in northern latitudes
- Restaurant and souvenir, candy and wine shops on site
- Ideal for families with children of all ages
- Round-trip transport, entrance fee, and hotel pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
After Rovaniemi hotel pickup, travel by air-conditioned vehicle to Ranua Zoo, a wildlife park with around 50 species of Finland’s indigenous animals.
Enjoy the countryside views on route, and hear about Finland's nature and wildlife from your guide. Then, after roughly an hour, arrive at Ranua and head inside. Home to about 200 animals, the zoo is set in a forest, ensuring the animals live in an authentic environment as possible.
Follow the 1.5 miles (2.5 kilometers) of forest trails and admire the animals and birds, including reindeer, bears, lynx, wolves, owls, and more, all native to the northern latitudes. Be sure to view the star attraction — Finland's only polar bears. In the summer, the zoo also boasts a domestic animal park in the grounds.
Be sure to wear adequate clothing as the zoo is outdoors, and, If you’re visiting with small children, trollies and sleds are available if they get tired of walking.
Afterward, perhaps visit the restaurant and souvenir shops, including the Fazer candy store and wine emporium, home to wines made from local ingredients like wild cloudberries and bilberries.
Then, travel back to Rovaniemi, where your tour ends with a hotel drop-off.