Travel back in time aboard the elegant Belmond Hiram Bingham train, enjoying the ultimate in luxury train transportation on a 13-hour tour of the world-famous Machu Picchu. Climb aboard the train’s richly appointed 1920s Pullman cars to enjoy fabulous views of the Andes, white tablecloth dining and high-end wine. Then explore Machu Picchu with an expert guide, followed by afternoon tea at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge. This VIP Machu Picchu experience also includes welcome drink at the station, appetizers, lunch and dinner, full drink service, entrance fees at the site, live on-board entertainment and round-trip transport to your hotel.
- All-inclusive day trip to Machu Picchu aboard the Belmond Hiram Bingham Train
- Capture stunning views of the Andes mountains from the platform of the train’s observation car
- Delight in a gourmet lunch and dinner in the upscale dining cars, and listen to live Peruvian music on board
- Visit the ruins and terraces of Machu Picchu with an expert guide and enjoy free time at the site
- Refuel with scones, sandwiches, tea and coffee at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge
- Ride shuttle buses reserved for train passengers between Aguas Calientes station and Machu Picchu
- Entrance fee and round-trip hotel transport between Cusco and Poroy station included
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
It's a once-in-a-lifetime splurge on a trip to the Lost City of the Incas.
Relive the golden age of train travel as you visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Machu Picchu aboard the elegant Belmond Hiram Bingham train. During your trip on this traveling palace of luxury you’ll be wined and dined with the finest food, drink and entertainment before getting a chance to visit one of the world’s most incredible archaeological sites.
Start this VIP trip with pickup at your hotel, transferring you to Cusco’s Poroy Station where you’ll board your first-class train for a trip you won’t soon forget. Grab a complimentary welcome drink as you step aboard the train, bedecked in blue and gold trim, entering a world of luxury, top-notch food and exquisite service.
Admire the train’s lavish interior, decorated with shining brass, polished wood and rich upholstery, as you head to your seat. Soon the train pulls out of the station, heading on an unforgettable 3-hour journey to the famous Incan citadel. During your ride, check out the train’s observation platform for stellar views of the Andes, and then proceed to the bar car and dining room, where you’ll enjoy the gastronomic delights of a 3-course lunch (see sample menu in the Itinerary below). Pair your meal with a selection of Argentinean, Chilean or Peruvian wines, or sample other local libations such as a Pisco Sour or Cusqueña beer.
Once you’ve had your fill of lunch, sit back and relax as the train’s on-board musicians perform traditional Peruvian songs using guitars and Cajon box drums. Or head back to the observation platform, where you can soak up the incredible views of the surrounding Andean peaks, lush green valleys and roaring river that surround you on all sides.
Upon your arrival at Aguas Calientes, board the luxury transfer bus specially reserved for Hiram Bingham passengers for the quick ride up to Machu Picchu. You’ll particularly enjoy this dedicated shuttle when you see the waiting hordes at the station queued up by the hundreds as they wait for mass transport.
Then snake your way up the winding switchback roads to the 7,000-foot (2,134m) mountaintop that is home to this most famous of Andean archaeological sites. Stroll the incredible terraces, elegant buildings and mysterious temples of this superlative site with your guide, making sure to admire the solar clock and engineering marvel of its intricate irrigation system. Following your guided tour, continue your exploration of the grounds at your leisure before heading to the mountaintop Belmond Sanctuary Lodge for afternoon tea. Have a scone or a sandwich with your tea and coffee, or try and appetizer your choice of wine.
Finish your Machu Picchu journey with a shuttle ride back down to Aguas Calientes, where you’ll climb back on board your luxury train for the return trip to Cusco. During the ride back partake in a 4-course gourmet dinner (see sample menu in the Itinerary below) and celebrate your amazing day with the onboard musicians, singing and dancing as you make your way back to Cusco for drop-off at your hotel.
Both meals below are paired with wine suggested by the sommelier.
Sample lunch menu (subject to change)
• Wayllabamba trout with fava beans, Andean mint and airampo emulsionMain course:
• Lamb cannelloni with spring greens, elderberry and potato pestoDessert:
• Organic cocoa with pineapple, olive oil, Maca toffee, Maras salt and lavender
Sample dinner menu (subject to change)
• Duck ham dressed with Eucalyptus leaves, jam corn and crispy chili skinSecond course:
• Potato and leek soup with purple kiwicha, extra virgin olive oil and toronjil lemonMain course (choice of one):
• Pachamanca with an emulsion of roots, bulbs, leaves and black quinoa
• Maras beef with root confit, Quillabamba peanuts and a tartar of white grape and myrtleDessert:
• Apple-custard parfait with carrots and cocoa nibs, drizzled with mandarin and ginger reduction