Are you interested in?
- Full-day tour of the Quebrada de Humahuaca
- Visit Purmamarca, Tilcara and Humahuaca, and learn about indigenous cultures
- See the Cathedral of San Salvador de Jujuy and Flag’s Hall
- Round-trip transport from most Salta hotels included
Departure & Return
The pick up transfer is only from selected centrally located hotels.
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 30 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Arrive in Purmamarca to see Cerro de los Siete Colores (Seven Colors Hill,) a large natural formation looming over the town. Stroll through the streets of the small village, visiting the cacti-covered church and perusing handicrafts at the local market.
Continue toward Tilcara, where you will visit the archaeological museum and the town square. First, stop at a scenic viewpoint on the way into town to see some pre-Incan ruins. Pass through Huacalera, admire the colorful La Pollera de la Coya, and see paintings dating from the 1600s in Uquía.
Stop in Humahuaca, the most densely populated city in the area, for a stroll midday. See the Monument of Independence, the local cathedral, and admire paintings from the Cuzco School. Enjoy lunch at your own expense.
Heading back toward Salta, you'll pass La Paleta del Pintor (Painter's Palette) and stop in San Salvador de Jujuy. Visit the town's cathedral and the French Baroque–style Flag's Hall before moving on to the Government House.
Continue south on winding Route 9, which provides stunning views of local vegetation, the Santa Laura Pass, Campo Alegre and Vaqueros. Arrive back in Salta after your day-long adventure for hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes and bring a jacket/sweater and sunscreen
- You may bring your own food and drinks
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tangol
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "It is very easy to estimate the pickup time and just update the guests, so they do not need to wait so long." See review