Are you interested in?
- Cruise on the sailing ship America from San Diego
- Spot migrating whales and dolphins frolicking in the Pacific Ocean
- Choose the only whale-watching cruise by sailing yacht in San Diego
- Includes whale sighting and 'no seasickness' guarantee
Departure & Return
Look for a blue "check-in" flag on the grass at 2050 Shelter Island Drive, across the street from the Best Western Island Palms Hotel and Blue Wave Bar & Grill. Check the Inclusions/Exclusions list for check in times. There is a lot of free public parking at our location!
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Snacks and drinks (non-alcoholic) are offered during the cruise. You are welcome to bring along a picnic lunch or your favorite bottle of wine to enjoy onboard.
Whale sightings are guaranteed on your cruise. If no whales are sighted, you can return for a complimentary whale watching cruise on another day in the same season. The America also provides a 'No Seasickness' guarantee.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Please call if you have a wheelchair so we can discuss the boarding options as we have had guests with wheelchairs enjoy this experience. We do have 5 steps in order to board the vessel. There is a single step in the deck. Please call Thank you!
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 77 travelers
- OPERATED BY Next Level Sailing
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "I would recommend that you bring your own beverages and snacks." See review