6:00 am - 7:00 am Hotel/Hostel pickup in Downtown San Francisco and Fisherman's Wharf
7:00 am - 10:30 am Take the Bay Bridge to Oakland and the East Bay, then on to the Central Valley. After a 15-minute rest at a deli or local fruit stand to pick up some provisions for your day, hop back in the vehicle and travel through the Gold Country into the mountains.
Approx. 11:00 am Arrive at Yosemite National Park.
11:00 am-12:30 pm Begin with a one and a half hour guided driving tour descending through Yosemite's glaciated valley with its famous waterfalls and rock formations, and stop to take pictures and see the views. From these higher elevations, you can see El Capitan, Half Dome, and many of the frozen waterfalls all at once!
12:30 pm - (end of day) Stop for the afternoon at Yosemite Valley Lodge; right at the base of Yosemite Falls. Check in to the hotel, or just store your luggage at the front desk.
Maps and guides in hand, you'll get a chance to explore Yosemite's natural wonders on your own for the remainder of the day. Before exiting the vehicle, your guide will provide a choice of activities that may include:
- getting some lunch or dinner at any of the wonderful restaurants in the area (dining guides available upon request)
- spending time at the main visitor's center or the Ansel Adams Gallery
- hiking some of the trails from the valley (snowshoes are available for rent at Half Dome Village if you’re feeling adventurous)
- taking a guided tour of the valley
- ice skating at the Half Dome Village ice rink
- listening to fireside storytelling at the Majestic (formerly Ahwahnee) Hotel
- taking a twilight or night hike with an experienced Yosemite guide
7:00am (or whenever you choose to start your day) Head back out for another day of exploring. Check your bag at the desk, and pick it up when you’re ready to head home!
8:00am - 3:30pm Hang out in Yosemite and do as you please; just be ready to meet your group back at Yosemite Lodge at 3:30pm for the journey back home.
3:30pm-9:00pm Head back West through the mountains, orchards, and fields towards the city. Enjoy the skyline of San Francisco at night as we cross the Bay Bridge and return you to your lodging.