Your Big Bus San Francisco Sightseeing and Alcatraz Combo can begin at any stop along the bus route. After climbing aboard your pass will allow you to hop on and off as much as you’d like.
You’ll pass the city’s top attractions on the 2.5-hour loop, including Haight-Ashbury, the Palace of Fine Arts, Union Square, Pier 39, the Golden Gate Bridge or the crooked path of Lombard Street. Stick on board with the audio commentary to admire the sights, or hop off at any time to explore a neighborhood or attraction on your own. This ticket also includes a round-trip ferry to the infamous prison of Alcatraz, once home to Al Capone and other famous inmates.
Please see the Itinerary for a complete list of inclusions and route stops.
Panoramic Night Bus Tour
- Operates daily and departure time will be given at time of confirmation. Once considered the 'prison of American prisons', Alcatraz is a must-see in San Francisco. Our fantastic Alcatraz combo ticket allows you guaranteed entry to Alcatraz Ferry tickets and Alcatraz Island Tour. Alcatraz and history go hand in hand. Once home to some of America's most notorious criminals, the federal penitentiary that operated here from 1934 to 1963 brought a dark mystique to the Rock. The presence of infamous inmates like Al "Scarface" Capone, and the "Birdman" Robert Stroud helped to establish the island's notoriety. To this day, Alcatraz is best known as one of the world's most legendary prisons.
- Operates: Nightly at 6:30pm, 7:00pm, and *7:30pm (*April – October). Tour is 1.5 Hours
- The 1.5 Hour Panoramic Night Tour begins from Fisherman’s Wharf taking you through the dazzling city of San Francisco. The tour climbs up the historic Nob Hill for a stunning close up view of the magnificent Grace Cathedral. The tour makes its way across the grand Bay Bridge for picturesque views of the city skyline from Treasure Island, site of the 1939’s World Fair. Heading back into the city, the tour will continue along the Embarcadero to view the glittering lights on the Port of San Francisco.
City Walking Tours:
- Operates: Daily from 10:15am to 4:30pm from Stop #12
- Visit the picturesque waterfront community of Sausalito, a short distance from the Golden Gate Bridge, on the Big Bus Trolley. Discover distinctive boutiques, wide selection of restaurants and cafes, and unique art galleries. Relax in the park, or explore the narrow streets in the hills of this quaint Mediterranean town. Hop-on or Hop-off at 4 popular locations on this one hour tour.
Players Grill and Arcade:
- Chinatown Walking Tour: Walk through the world famous historic neighborhood. See the magnificent Chinatown gates, the busy marketplace and the vibrant mix of historical and modern day culture. Tour begins at Stop #6 and operates daily at 10:00am and 2:00pm
- North-beach Walking Tour: This tour will take you on a journey through the eclectic Little Italy district. From Washington Square Park to the incredible St. Peter & Paul Church, the tour will leave you with a taste of the bohemian lifestyle that inspired so many of the artistically gifted San Franciscans of previous generations. Tour begins at Stop #3 and operates daily at 4:00pm.
- Barbary Coast Walking Tour: Tour takes you through a nine block radius. Hear about San Francisco’s small beginnings, its boom-town growth because of the California Gold Rush and the end of The Barbary Coast due to the Red Light Abatement Act. The walk will take you through the present Financial District and Jackson Square Historic District. Tour begins at Stop #4 and operates daily at 12:00pm.
- Fisherman’s Wharf Walking Tour: Tour takes you to all the main attractions of the Wharf area, including Ghirardelli Square, the Cannery and Pier 39. See and learn about the famous food and restaurants and the historic ships at Aquatic Park. This walk will familiarize you with the role the wharf has played in the history of the city—from the Gold rush, through the labor struggles of the 1930’s and the psychedelic explorations of the 1960’s. Tour begins at Stop #1 and operates daily at 2:00pm
Free 1 hour bike rental (with purchase of 1 hour) :
- Pint and Play: Player is San Francisco’s only arcade/sports grill that also offers dazzling views of San Francisco Bay. Enjoy your first drink on Big Bus ($5.50 beverage credit) AND receive a $5.00 Arcade Game Card (with purchase of $5 game card or any appetizer). Sip on drinks at the waterfront Tiki bar or win big in the arcade with over 65 games.
Explore San Francisco on a Deluxe or Hybrid bicycle and see the city from a different perspective. Take yourself on a self-guided tour, they are perfect for the independent traveler. Ride through scenic parks, bike ways and if you are feeling adventurous, ride across the iconic Golden Gate Bridge.
San Francisco City Loop (Red Route)
(Duration: 2 hours, 30 minutes for entire loop)
- Stop 1: Fisherman's Visitor Center
- Stop 2: Holiday Inn Fisherman’s Wharf
- Stop 3: NorthBeach/Washington Square
- Stop 4: Embarcadero Center
- Stop 5: Ferry Buildiing
- Stop 6: Union Square South
- Stop 7: Hilton Hotel
- Stop 8: Civic Center
- Stop 9: SF Jazz Center
- Stop 10: Alamo Square
- Stop 11: Haight Ashbury
- Stop 12: Golden Gate Park
- Stop 13: Golden Gate Bridge North
- Stop 14: Palace of Fine Arts
- Stop 15: Marina/Cow Hollow
- Stop 16: Lombard Street
- Stop 17: Union Square North
- Stop 18: Chinatown Gate
- Stop 19: Portsmouth Square Chinatown
- Stop 20: Cruise Terminal
- Stop 21: Pier 39 Fisherman’s Wharf
- Stop 22: End of Tour Stop 1 Visitor's Center
Sausalito Tour Stops (Green Route):
- Stop 22: Golden Gate Vista Point North
- Stop 23: Horseshoe Bay
- Stop 24: Downtown Sausalito
- Stop 25: Bay Modal
- Stop 26: Golden Gate Visa Point South