Are you interested in?
Muir Woods Tours
53 Tours & Activities
175 Tours & Activities
212 Tours & Activities
3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Explore our promoted experiences
Explore the famous groves of the Northern California redwoods on this tour of Muir Woods. Departing from Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco, a local guide drives you over the scenic Golden Gate Bridge and into the moist air of Muir Woods National Monument. Crane your neck to admire these 1,000-year-old trees standing 260 feet (80 meters) tall. Afterward, enjoy a drive through the charming town of Sausalito before heading back to the city.
- Discover the California redwoods on this tour of Muir Woods
- Admire the 1,000-year-old trees standing 260 feet tall
- Hear insightful commentary from a local guide
- Enjoy a drive through the seaside town of Sausalito
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Live commentary on the way to Muir Woods prepares you for the ancient majesty of the redwood groves.
Saved to wishlist!
Entrance fee to Muir Woods ($15)
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required. Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Up to 15 passengers per reservation accepted
- Tour itinerary subject to change due to weather conditions, traffic delays, and all other reasons beyond control (Exact sunset timing subject to change day-to-day)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tower Tours - San Francisco's Sightseeing Specialist
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Muir Woods Tour of California Coastal Redwoods (Entrance fee included)?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Muir Woods Tour of California Coastal Redwoods (Entrance fee included)?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Muir Woods Tour of California Coastal Redwoods (Entrance fee included)?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Muir Woods Tour of California Coastal Redwoods (Entrance fee included)?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "This one is great for those with mobility challenges who desire a brief trip." See review
- "hours is a nice amount of time to experience the redwoods" See review
- "They say that "Sausalito" is included, but it's only included if you decide to hop off the bus and make your own way back into the city." See review
Product code: 7116P2
Compare Similar Experiences
Muir Woods Tour of California Coastal Redwoods (Entrance fee included)
3 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 40 minutes
2 hours 25 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeHalf-day ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingSan FranciscoBus Tours - CaliforniaNature and Wildlife - CaliforniaHalf-day Tours - CaliforniaBus Tours - SausalitoNature and Wildlife - SausalitoHalf-day Tours - SausalitoBus Tours - Napa & SonomaNature and Wildlife - Napa & SonomaHalf-day Tours - Napa & SonomaCategory
Fort Mason Tours & TicketsCivic Center Tours & TicketsSeward Street Slides Tours & TicketsSan Francisco Maritime National Historical Park Tours & TicketsThe Cannery Tours & TicketsRussian Hill Tours & TicketsSan Francisco Japantown Tours & TicketsSan Francisco Bay Tours & TicketsSan Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMoMA) Tours & TicketsBaker Beach Tours & TicketsSutro Baths Tours & TicketsSan Francisco Playhouse Tours & TicketsBeat Museum Tours & TicketsMarket Street Tours & TicketsAquarium of the Bay Tours & TicketsMarin Headlands Tours & TicketsAngel Island Immigration Station Tours & TicketsSausalito Vista Point Tours & TicketsGolden Gate National Recreation Area Tours & TicketsBay Bridge Tours & Tickets