Are you interested in?
- Full-day hiking tour up Santa Ana (Ilamatepec) volcano in Cerro Verde National Park
- Climb to the top of El Salvador’s highest volcano, a 4-hour round-trip hike of medium difficulty
- Admire views of the ocean, Lake Coatepeque, Cerro Verde and Izalco volcanoes, and a brilliant lagoon in Santa Ana’s crater
- Upgrade to have a private guide lead you up the trail and locate scenic rest stops
- Benefit from commentary on the natural history and ecology of the park (if private guide option selected)
- Box lunch and transport from San Salvador hotels by private vehicle included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age is 12 years
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable walking shoes and bring light jacket, sunscreen and a hat
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Salvadorean Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- "Both trips are highly recommended, the hike is not hard, takes about an hr very scenic indeed." See review