Are you interested in?
- Take a kayak tour along Refugio State Beach
- Paddle along an undeveloped shoreline
- Look for wildlife, including dolphins
- Dig into a tasty lunch situated on a beautiful, secluded beach
- Great trip for families and children
Departure & Return
Take exit #110 for Winchester Canyon Rd toward Hollister Ave. Continue onto Calle Real for .3mi. Turn left on Cathedral Oaks Rd over the freeway. Turn right onto Hollister Ave. In .6 miles turn left into a parking lot for the beach where your guide will meet you & walk you down to the beach.
What To Expect
Head to Refugio State Beach in the morning for the start of your kayaking trip. Before climbing into your boat you’ll get outfitted with gear and provide a safety lesson, paddling demonstration, and explanation of how to get in and out. Once you’re feeling ready, continue on for the journey along the shore of this beautiful area.
As you paddle, your guide will stop to point out marine life like pristine underwater kelp and some of the more than 1,500 species of plants and animals that call this state preserve home. If you’re particularly lucky, you’ll also see some of Refugio State Beach’s dolphin residents. Enjoy lunch on a secluded beach before hitting the water again for the ride back, during which you’ll play a series of fun kayak games and challenges to keep things interesting.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- If your contact number is international, please include your email address in the comment section.
- Minimum numbers apply. Our kayak tours require a minimum of 2 participants to run. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- If you are a single traveler, please feel free to call our office to confirm availability
- Children under 5 are not permitted. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult in a double kayak.
- What you will need:
- Sun Screen (SPF 30 or higher).
- A full water bottle. One liter or larger - please help us reduce our environmental footprint by bringing a re-usable bottle
- A hat with a brim.
- A beach towel
- Beach shoes or flips.
- Sunglasses with a neck strap such as "Chums" or “Croakies”
- Swim suit or swim trunks
- Sweatshirt or sweater and a dry change of clothes
- Waterproof camera (optional)
- Lycra rashguard. (optional)
- Neoprene booties. (optional)
- To ensure proper equipment, please provide your heights & weights. Thank you.
- Double kayaks are automatically provided. Singles are available for odd number parties. Guests over 230lbs will be provided a single kayak.
- Guests under 18 years of age MUST have a parent or legal guardian sign their release forms. If you need this paperwork sent to you ahead of time, please contact our office.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Santa Barbara Adventure Company
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff