Are you interested in?
Explore our promoted experiences
- 1.5-hour surfing lesson in Santa Barbara
- Ride a wave with the help of your expert instructor, who’ll provide tips and advice on how to balance
- Enjoy Santa Barbara’s gorgeous scenery from the water
- Surfboard and wetsuit rental included
Departure & Return
Important: The directions above are NOT accurate. Detailed instructions on how to get to your surfing location will be sent to your email from Trip Advisor AFTER booking your surf lesson. Thank you!
What To Expect
You’ll have plenty of time to practice your stance and learn how to paddle out to the surf before heading into the water. Lie on your board with your instructor at your side to assist you in catching the best waves. The 1.5-hour lesson is suitable for all skill levels, and your instructor will ensure your safety and enjoyment as you build your confidence and practice — even if you’re not yet ready to ‘hang ten.’
Check out the gorgeous Santa Barbara coastline while you float or jump up on your board to ride the waves. You’ll have plenty of time to test your newfound surf skills before returning to shore.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All participants MUST be able to swim
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Cal Coast Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons