- Admission to Felton’s Roaring Camp and a train excursion through the Santa Cruz Mountains
- Ride a historic open-air steam train from the late 1800s
- Take in the view and explore an old-fashioned California village at the Bear Mountain summit
- Enjoy the surrounding nature, including the trails of Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park
- Learn about the regional history from a knowledgeable train conductor
Departure & Return
Departure PointRoaring Camp Railroads
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Settle in to your seat in the open-air car and breathe in the clean forest air as you chug into the redwood forest. The hulking historic train dates back to the late 19th century and is one of the best preserved narrow-gauge steam engines in the country. These trains were once used to transport lumber out of the now-protected redwood forests.
Cruise over trestles and under cover of lush forest canopy on the way up to the summit of Bear Mountain. Listen to the conductor's illuminating commentary on the history of the railroad and the area's diverse ecosystem.
Hop out at the top of Bear Mountain to patronize the general store. Stroll through nearby Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park to stretch your legs and get some beautiful photo ops of the natural landscape.
The full round-trip ride takes about 1 hour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Roaring Camp Railroads
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.