Small-Group Santorini Wine Tasting and Vineyard Tour
- Visit three wineries and enjoy a cellar tour of each as you learn about their wine
- Sample up to 12 different wines including nykteri alongside local delicacies
- Upgrade to a sunset tour for spectacular sunset views at the Venetsanos Winery and enjoy a plate of tapas during your final winery visit
- Enjoy personalised attention on a small-group tour with a maximum of eight people
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pickup guests from all Santorini hotels & Airbnb's.
If hotel is inaccessible by car due to restrictions, pickup will be held from a nearby location within short walking distance.
Cruise ship travelers: Meeting point is the "HERTZ" rental car company in Fira town, near the top of the cable car.
What To Expect
Day Tour: (April 1 – November 15)Meet your guide and relax on the journey to the island’s wine estates. Admire the countryside as you go, and chat with your guide about winemaking in Santorini and the area’s unique viticulture.
With its volcanic aspa soil, Santorini is able to produce wine that is rich in minerals with light-flavored notes. The island’s grapes are grown in baskets that are set close to the soil — an act that helps moisture from rain to be retained.
Tour the cellars of each wine estate, and follow the production process through from harvesting the grapes through to maturing the wine. Walk with your guide around one of the estate’s volcanic vineyards, and sip on up to 12 different varietals of the island wine, including local vinsanto and assyrtiko. Nibbles such as olives, bread and cheese are also included.
Sunset Tour: (May 15 – September 30)Enjoy the tour as described above, but arrive at your last wine estate, the renowned Venetsanos Winery in time to watch the sun set. Make your way to the open terrace for an alfresco wine tasting and a plate of tapas with views of the Santorini caldera set against the Aegean Sea before you return to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Hotel pick-ups will be done to the closest accessible areas; parts of Santorini are in a slope and can't be accessed by vehicles
- Minimum age is 18 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- The wines served during the tour are mainly whites and dessert wines, as these are the kind of wines the island of Santorini produces.This is a gentle note for guests that only drink red wine.
- The tour includes plates of cheese and snacks served alongside wine-tastings at the wineries, not a full lunch or dinner. However keep in mind that the snacks served during tour will be adequate for the time-frame the tour lasts and maybe beyond.
- Day Tour Route (AM departure) April to early November 10 · Boutari Winery · Gavalas or Venetsanos winery · Estate Argyros or Artemis Karamolegos winery Sunset Tour Route: (PM departure) Mid-May to early October · Boutari Winery or Estate Argyros · Gavalas traditional winery · Venetsanos Winery (Sunset views, local island tapas and snacks)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- OPERATED BY Santorini Day Tours
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Small-Group Santorini Wine Tasting and Vineyard Tour.