Are you interested in?
Explore our promoted experiences
- 4-hour round-trip train ride on Verde Canyon Railroad, from Sedona
- Soak in unobstructed views of the Arizona desert and Verde River
- Look for Sinagua cliff dwellings, old mining sites, and native wildlife such as bald eagles or antelope
- Ride in a vintage train car with air-conditioning or head to the open-air platform car
- Bring the whole family on an activity that is suitable for all ages
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Verde Canyon Railroad Train Depot in Clarkdale, Arizona Address: 300 North Broadway Clarkdale, Arizona 86324 Directions: From Phoenix: Allow 2 hours for the drive • Take I-17 north to exit 287 (Cottonwood, Camp Verde, Clarkdale). Turn left (west) over the freeway on Hwy 260. • Stay on Hwy 260 for approximately 14 miles to the fifth traffic light. Turn left at light. This is Main Street (historic 89A). • Drive through Old Town Cottonwood, past the turnoff for Tuzigoot National Monument until you see a sign on the corner that says “Verde Canyon Railroad.” • Bear right onto Broadway, cross the one-lane bridge and park in the designated parking across the street from the depot. From Sedona: Allow 40 minutes for the drive. • Go southwest toward Cottonwood on Hwy 89A to Cornville Road/Mingus Avenue. • Turn right on Mingus Avenue and proceed west 1.8 miles to North Main Street (Historic 89A). • Turn right and continue on Main Street through Old Town Cottonwood, past the turnoff for Tuzigoot National Monument until you see a sign on the corner that says “Verde Canyon Railroad.” • Bear right onto Broadway, cross the one-lane bridge and park in the designated parking across the street from the depot.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Please Note: Special dietary options are unable to be accommodated
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Verde Canyon Railroad
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- "You're not allowed to travel between adjoining cars; there's a hefty fine if you do." See review