Call (888) 651-9785
Our tour experience was definitely way better than expected. Our guide, Paul and driver Moon, were so accommodating and gave us a personalized tour that I highly recommend. I've been to both the JSA and DMZ before, but learned and enjoyed it so much more this time. My kids even had fun, which was surprising because I thought it would be too serious for them but they seemed to appreciate the history.
Paul and Moon arrived early right outside where we were staying, drove us through some main parts of Seoul and gave us some general background information. The drive up north was actually very interesting and engaging. We stopped at several places but my kids most enjoyed seeing all the war machines - tanks, planes, missile systems all laid out on display in a huge field. Overall a definitely MUST-DO tour, history buffs would love this!!
The weather was cold but our host made it a great tour with the behind the scenes look at the DMZ. Really expanded our knowledge regarding the dynamics between North and South Korea. Shrek Lee was very knowledgeable.
This was a great tour -- a much better option than taking a bus and going in a tour group. My wife and I were driven in a luxurious minivan by driver Top and tour guide Shrek. There was third-row seating in the van in case you have more than 2 people. The tour makes five main stops: the Blue House area in Seoul with a discussion of the North Korean infiltration, then Unification Tower with a view of North Korean farmland, then a DMZ miltary base this is the highlight this is why you need to bring your passports, then lunch we had the vegetarian option, which was a yummy tofu-based meal, then the War Memorial in Seoul my wife and I skipped this because we were tired. I appreciated the fact that lunch was ready for us at the moment we got to the restaurant they called ahead. Shrek was nice and gave us insightful information without being overwhelming. The driving was high-quality. Overall, it's a great trip.
My wife and I were originally booked into a different tour that included a visit to the JSA, but due to it being closed to visitors for most of the month after we had booked the tour ended up cancelled so we chose this one instead. While we would have liked to have seen the JSA, it probably ended up being a blessing in disguise because we had a great time on this tour. Would definitely recommend!
- BJ is one of the best tour guides we've ever had the pleasure of traveling with. He was exceptionally personable, very knowledgeable, insightful and has a wonderful sense of humor. He kept us on track, informed and engaged the entire day. Just a cool guy all around and to top it off he cooks a mean duck! He could be giving tours of a junkyard and I'd sign up for it.
- The actual DMZ visit was very interesting and well put together. We were bummed we couldn't get into the JSA as originally planned, but what we did see definitely helped to make up for it. All of the soldiers we encountered were extremely nice and welcoming as well. With all the guns and artillery around it would be easy for visitors to feel intimidated but that wasn't the case at all. Both BJ and the soldiers who were tasked with assisting that portion of the tour did a wonderful job explaining what they do, why they do it and what they hope to achieve.
- Lunch was great! If you've never had Korean BBQ duck you have to try it! Not something you find on the menu in most American KBBQ places so it was really fun to try. Super good!
- The Korean War Memorial Museum was very neat to see. We didn't actually go inside but instead spent a bit of time outside looking at all the tanks, planes, ships and artillery on display. Super cool to see that stuff up close and anyone who is even remotely interested in that stuff should enjoy it.
- This will seem minor to most people, but my wife gets extremely motion sick and it is often a problem in cars during tours. However, the tour car was extremely clean, comfortable and well driven again, props to BJ.
- Getting into the JSA seems very hit or miss. It was a miss for us, which was unfortunate. But that is hardly the tour operator's fault so it can't really be held against them. Just keep in mind when booking tours that when they say it may be cancelled, they really mean it!
excellent guide was very knowledgable, and gave us a view we would have got no were else
Our guide led us through a day that was one of the most unique experiences in our lives. As Americans in this time of immature 'saber rattling by American and North Korean heads of state that only raises fear and does not move to peaceful resolution, it was a life changing experience to stand at the DMZ in conversation with South Korean Army officers learning more about this war that after 64 years has not yet ended. We trust that compassion, wisdom and patience will one day end the war and need for a DMZ and bring peace and reunification to the Korean people. I recommend this experience to every American who travels to Korea.Thank you.
Erich G Switzerland
Fantastic experience - great guide
Simply the best way to visit the DMZ! Shrek offers you a unique chance to experience the DMZ without the bus loads of tourists, actually meet of the Korean soldiers on the front line and hear little known tales about what the North Koreans have been doing and continue to do. The bonus is a great BBQ duck lunch as well. Thanks Shrek for a great day out.
It was great expirience. BJ, our guide, has plenty of knowledge about DMZ and korean national and millitary history. We have visited many places including korean war memorial and dmz. We have seen north korea territory, and fence where north korea infiltration commando came to south korea. We've also had great lunch, where we first time ate barbecue duck way koreans do. Thank you BJ.
This was such an awesome experience. Shrek was amazing, extremely knowledgable, and really went above and beyond as a tour guide! It felt like we were on an adventure with an old friend--such was the degree of comfort, relaxation and enjoyment. We got to see a lot of exclusive things and learn so much about Korea and its culture on a personal level. Shrek even made sure that we got to our flight on time and was simply incredible the whole way through. When visiting any country, it's so rewarding to learn about their history as well, so every penny was worth the experience we got from this tour. We even took home a business card to recommend this to our friends in Australia!
Some content licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
© 1997–Sun May 27 01:12:44 PDT 2018 Viator, Inc. CUR015 - 330215 All rights reserved. Viator is a registered trademark of Viator, Inc.
is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc. Travel with an Insider is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Viator's Terms & Conditions.