Group tours can often be rigid and impersonal experiences. Enjoy a more personalized experience with this private tour of Nanjing. Travel from Shanghai by bullet train and let your guide know your personal preferences for the day. Explore such landmarks as the Confucius Temple and Heaven Palace, and enjoy an included lunch.
Private tour exclusively for your party: Ensures a personal experience
Flexibility to customized your itinerary to your own preferences
Round-trip high speed bullet train fares and lunch included
Hassle-free pickup and drop-off from your Shanghai hotel
Hotel pick up and drop off (Shanghai downtown hotels only)
Hotel pick-up does not include hotels in the outskirts such as Jiading, Songjiang ,Qingpu ,Jinqiao, Chuansha in Pudong areas, etc. If your hotel is not in the downtown your guide will provide instructions on where to meet downtown
Departure & Return
Your centrally located hotel in Shanghai
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Passport name, number and birthday is required at time of booking for all participants (for getting your bullet train ticket in advance)
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please wear comfortable shoes
This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Viator Traveler's Reviews
CHYI CHING C
, Apr 2019
It was an extremely meaningful 1-day tour with Alana (Shanghai Guide) & Eva (Nanjing Guide) for reasons below :
1) This is our 3rd day trip from Shanghai with Alana. Our aged parents made a special request for her to accompanied us to Nanjing because they’ve been enamored of her! As with previous 2 bullet train journeys, Alana did well to escort us and making the whole process smooth and seamless. As foreigners visiting these places for the first time, we were assured of our safety.
2) We were met by another tour guide - Eva. She was very enthusiastic and energetic. Her explanation in English was clear and helped to shed some good background information before we visited the Nanjing Massacre Memorial Hall.
3) Nanjing Massacre Memorial Hall is a MUST visit for anyone who is keen to learn more about WW2 in China. To better appreciate the present day Nationalistic attitude of the Chinese, a visit to this very tastefully done Memorial Hall is fundamental. For those who are “faint hearted” or those who just want a joyful day trip, you may not have the stomach for this Memorial Hall which could invoke intense emotions.
4) Ming Xiao Ling - the mausoleum of the Hongwu Emperor, the founder of the Ming dynasty. For those who lack information about Chinese history (in particular to among Dynasty), you can still enjoy the beautiful gardens around this mausoleum. Perfect for great photographs against the backdrop of lush greenery and mountains.
5) Overall, we have had a wonderful holiday (3 day trips & a night cruise) relying on the professionalism and experience of Alana & her team in Shanghai Amazing Trip. We highly recommend them to anyone who wants a taste of Shanghai and its surrounding cities with English speaking tour guides.
Olivia was very professional, friendly, and helpful. She made our trip to Nanjing very easy and smooth. Ava was a great guide and provided a lot of interesting information. We enjoyed our day very much today.
Our tour guides Mr. Wong aka Fred and Alana were very knowledgeable and both spoke English very well. The tour was interesting with so much important history in Nanjing. We saw the main gate and a portion of city wall; Linggu Temple; Sun Yatsen Mausoleum; Míng Xiàolíng Tomb and other things. We also were treated to a wonderful lunch in Nanjing. It was an educational and enjoyable day.