Are you interested in?
- Sea kayaking shore excursion from Sitka
- Enjoy a sightseeing cruise on the Sitka Sound to a floating base camp
- Kayak through pristine waters with your professional guide - no experience required!
- Admire the stunning wilderness and abundant wildlife
- Hot snack including clam chowder and hot cider
- Tour begins and ends dockside at the Sitka cruise port
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Arrive at the kayaking base camp and receive a safety briefing on maneuvering a tandem kayak. No prior experience is required and kayakers of all ages will enjoy this tour. Practice paddling techniques and then follow your guide’s lead into the water.
During the kayaking journey, admire the lush mountain scenery and see if you can spot bears and black-tailed deer along the shoreline.
Back at base camp, refuel with a delicious snack of clam chowder, crackers and hot apple cider, before enjoying transport back to Sitka port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Sitka port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- No prior experience necessary, just good health and an adventurous spirit!
- Children must weigh at least 40 lbs (18 kg) in order to fit into required life jacket
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Children 13-17 must have a signed parental consent form to participate in the absence of a parent or guardian
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Alaska Travel Adventures Inc.
Learn more about cancellations.