Are you interested in?
Explore our promoted experiences
- Sitka wildlife and culture tour
- Examine the stunning totem poles at Sitka National Historical Park
- Get close to rescued wild bears living in the naturalized setting of Fortress of the Bear
- Visit Japonski Island to learn about Sitka's role in World War II
- See cultural landmarks including the Alaska Pioneer Home and St. Michael’s Cathedral
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people ensures a more personalized experience with your expert guide
Departure & Return
330 Harbor Drive
What To Expect
Switch up the scenery and head to Sitka National Historical Park, Alaska’s oldest park. Learn about the historical and cultural treasures of the Tlingit and Haida totem poles towering in the hemlock and forests, and then take a tranquil walk along the Indian River. If you’re visiting during the salmon season, learn about the wondrous life cycle of the salmon.
Back aboard your van, continue south on a scenic route along Silver Bay and arrive at the Fortress of the Bear, the largest bear reserve in North America. The habitat takes in orphaned bear cubs to live in a naturalized setting. Meet the caretaker staff and watch brown bears at play or rest, from a fun and safe distance.
Other top landmarks you see during your tour include the Sitka Sound Science Center, Alaska Pioneer Home, Sheldon Jackson Museum, and St. Michael’s Cathedral.
Your sightseeing tour ends with transport back to the departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress in layers and wear comfortable shoes as the weather in Sitka is always different. The van has a heater for your comfort, but you will want to get out and enjoy the fresh air
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Please note: Wildlife sightings are likely but are not guaranteed
- ALL tours start at Harrigan Centennial Hall 330 Harbor Drive Sitka Alaska 99835.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Sitka Wildlife Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "This tour does not cover the Raptor recovery center which is worth a stop as well." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews