Are you interested in?
Don’t worry—here are some similar options
Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day shore excursion of the Yukon from Skagway by minibus
- Lots of scenic photo stops along the Klondike highway route
- Good potential wildlife sightings
- Gorgeous green Emerald Lake, Tutshi, Tagish, and Bennett lakes
- Unique Carcross desert
- Browse through exhibits at the wildlife museum
- Learn about the history of the Gold Rush and nature of the area on this narrated tour
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Inside Canada, wind through a northern boreal forest for spectacular views of Bove Island, Tutshi Lake, and Tagish Lake. Break for a photo stop at the Yukon border and then continue to Lake Bennett. Snap photos of the ‘World's Smallest Desert’ and Emerald Lake.
Arrive at the Caribou Crossing Trading Post and dig into hearty fare, Yukon style, which includes chicken with barbecue sauce, a baked potato, coleslaw, dinner rolls, donuts, and coffee (vegan/gluten-free option of lentil curry is available). Now that you’re warmed up, head inside the Museum of Yukon Natural History that houses impressive wildlife exhibits, from Ice Age recreated specimens to animal species from the arctic and sub-arctic regions of Alaska and the Yukon. You can also visit the dogsledding camp area and see the huskies and adorable puppies. There is also a gift shop with Yukon souvenirs and nice restrooms. After time at Caribou Crossing, board your transport and relax on the return to Skagway port.
Please note: All passengers must have a valid passport.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- For non-US/Canadian citizens additional documentation may be required. You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Children 15 or younger may bring an original/certified copy of birth certificate OR a current valid Passport. Children 16 and older must bring original valid Passport. If one or both parents are not traveling with their child, a notarized letter of authorization from the absent parent(s) is also necessary to cross into Canada
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark. Passenger must be able to walk some and boarding bus requires a few steps. YOU MUST INFORM OPERATOR IF ARE BRINGING A COLLAPSIBLE WHEELCHAIR OR WALKER.
- Please meet at the tour waiting area of your ship pier outside security gate. The representative will be holding a Frontier Excursions sign. Please be there 15 minutes before departure time. Bring all documents needed for border crossing- original Passports and/or USA/Canada Visas (no copies allowed).
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- OPERATED BY Frontier Excursions & Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "The town operates most of the year except between the months of October to April when it is very cold (-20 F sometimes)." See review
- "It was very hot the day we were there, so puppies were sleeping and dog sledding wasn't available." See review
- "I highly recommend taking this tour with this tour company." See review