Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Self-drive quad bike experience in the Namib Desert
- Listen to a safety briefing and take part in a practice session
- Ride a powerful quad bike around the spectacular red dunes of the Namib Desert
- Follow a guide and look out for the Topnaar people, fossils and desert wildlife
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 15 people ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Please meet at the Swakopmund River Bridge on the left side , enroute to Walvis Bay
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Cruise through desert canyons and barren plains, then test the limits of speed over pristine sand dunes that lay just beyond the Swakopmund city limits. Take in 360-degree views of this nation’s stark beauty on this off-road tour.
Follow your guide, who will point out ancient fossils and well-preserved animal footprints while you learn about the local vegetation and plants that are able to thrive despite unforgiving desert conditions. Catch a glimpse of scorpions, snakes and lizards that scurry throughout the landscape and learn about the Topnaar tribe—a seminomadic people that once made their home at the mouth of the Kuiseb River Valley.
Between these brief stops and informative talks, test the limits of your ATV and open throttle to race across the open valleys of the vast desert. Your guide will provide expert tips to insure you get the most fun and performance from your quad bike on this quad bike tour of the Namib Desert.
Return to the starting point with your guide to wrap up this incredible outdoor experience.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Please dress appropriately; take sunscreen and a warm jacket. Wear comfortable walking shoes
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cullinan Guided Journeys
Learn more about cancellations.
- "with younger kids, 1 hour of quad biking is enough." See review