1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Experience all the action at the Sydney Fish Market’s early morning auction. Get behind the scenes access to the large-scale auction and learn how the Dutch auction clock system works. See the impressive scale of the market - one of the largest in the world - with over 50 tones of fish traded every day. Be amazed by the variety of 100 different marine species on display and learn how seafood is sourced from the Asia-Pacific region.
- Go on a behind-the-scenes tour of the Sydney Fish Market
- Tour the auction floor and see what 50 tones of seafood looks like
- See the incredible variety of seafood at the market with over 100 species
- earn about the history of the market and the Dutch auction clock system
Saved to wishlist!
Find out about sashimi, live seafood products and our specialist seafood retailers.
Go behind the scenes with one of SFM’s trained guides to explore all facets of the market.
Hear the history of Sydney Fish Market.
Learn how the Dutch auction and buying system works.
See oysters being shucked.
Tour the auction floor, viewing over 100 species.
Transport to/from Sydney Fish Market
Departure & Return
Departure PointMeet at the wooden tables outside Christie's, at the entrance to the Waterfront Arcade at Sydney Fish Market.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Due to occupational health and safety concerns, all visitors to the auction must wear enclosed shoes. Those who do not wear enclosed shoes will not be granted access to the auction floor. The auction floor can be wet and it is best to avoid wearing leather shoes as they tend to absorb water. It is recommended that you roll up long pants / jeans.
- Due to the nature of the environment and for safety reasons, SFM cannot offer wheelchair access to the auction floor portion of the tour.
- In the interests of safety, the minimum age of tour participants is 10 years of age, this includes new born babies in carriers. Please note, there are no exceptions.
- Photography and videography are strictly prohibited on the auction floor.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Sydney Seafood School
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 60936P2
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursMarketsFood, Wine & NightlifeSydneyFood Tours - New South WalesMarkets - New South WalesFood Tours - NewcastleMarkets - NewcastleFood Tours - Hunter ValleyMarkets - Hunter ValleyCategory
Sydney Jewish Museum Tobruk Sheep Station Ku-ring-gai Chase National ParkThe Star SydneyPaddy's MarketCircular QuayCockle BaySusannah Place MuseumPaddingtonSydney Harbour Tall ShipsBondi to Coogee Beach Coastal WalkNewtownSydney Town HallRoyal Botanic Garden and The DomainNurses WalkSydney Cricket GroundJustice and Police Museum Queen Victoria Building (QVB)Powerhouse MuseumHawkesbury River