After making your own way to Rose Bay, meet your expert pilot and receive a safety briefing and radio headsets that allows for 2-way communications while in the air. Keep your camera handy for fantastic photo ops while in flight.
Step on board your seaplane and marvel at the views as your pilot heads north along the Australian coast. Fly over Sydney's renowned Northern Beaches, including Manly, Dee Why, Newport and Palm Beach until your pilot gently touches down in the expansive waterways of Pittwater. Jonah's courtesy vehicle meets you at the dock and takes you to the restaurant just a short distance away.
Located in a pristine site on the clifftop overlooking Whale Beach, Jonah's has become a Sydney institution with celebrity visitors that include Laurence Olivier, Mick Jagger, Jerry Hall and Anthony Hopkins. The chefs serve contemporary Australian cuisine made with a variety of fresh seasonal produce, meats and seafood. Australian wines or other drinks are available for purchase, with an extensive wine list providing an excellent selection.
When you have finished your gourmet 3-course meal, return to your seaplane and travel with your pilot back to Rose Bay. Your return route takes you over iconic sights such as Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge, among other top attractions around Sydney Harbour. Your tour ends after approximately four hours upon your return to Rose Bay.
First course (choice of one):
• Freshly shucked Sydney rock oysters with champagne mignonette
• Warm spanner crab, sea urchin butter sauce, potato puree
• Duck-wrapped lamb and cumin sausage, pickled baby beetroot, lebne cappellacci
• Tempura ricotta-filled zucchini flowers served with basil pesto
• Flash-fried Queensland calamari with spicy cajun remoulade and lemon
• Vanilla scented tuna tartare, edamame, crisp radish, and toasted noriMain course (choice of one):
• Blue swimmer crab, angel hair pasta, Reggiano Parmigiano, parsley, and lemon
• Roasted ocean trout and blue-eye trevalla crepinette, kipfler potatoes, wilted spinach, and foie gras sauce
• Butter-basted gold band snapper, chorizo sausage succotash, and sweet corn nage
• Slow-roasted Barossa Valley chicken breast, calvados gastrique, squab jus, potato and apple gallette
• Grain-fed beef fillet, stone ground polenta, broad beans, and roast trevisoDessert (choice of one):
• Terrine of white-chocolate ice cream, blood orange sorbet, and granita
• Vanilla panna cotta, pomegranate molasses, and warm lavender honey
• Belgian triple chocolate layered cake with mocha rum sauce
• Warm black fig pudding, butterscotch sauce, vanilla ice cream, saba syrup
• Caramelized pineapple and passionfruit crème brûlée Napoleon
• Raspberry jellies and chocolate truffles
• Three cheeses served with fresh fruit, nuts, walnut bread, and lavash
Sample menu subject to change