Make your own way to Rose Bay where you meet your expert pilot and board your seaplane. Radio headsets are provided for your flight so that you can enjoy 2-way communications with your pilot while in the air.
Your pilot guides the seaplane out on the water and up into the sky as you take in views of the eastern suburbs of Sydney. Head 20 minutes north to reach Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, a beautiful stretch of wilderness with mangrove forests and sparkling rivers. After a smooth landing on the river, your pilot pulls up to the restaurant’s dock. Disembark from the seaplane and be welcomed by the restaurant staff.
Enjoy a relaxed fine dining experience during your three-course a la carte meal that features modern Australian cuisine made with seasonal ingredients including fresh seafood, meats and vegetables. A selection of fine Australian wines or other drinks can be purchased at your own expense.
Admire the tranquility of the natural beauty all around you at Cottage Point Inn. Situated on the water’s edge at the tip of two waterways that are flanked by forested hills, the inn originally served as the local community’s boat house, general store and post office. The site was transformed into a restaurant in the 1970s when more visitors began arriving in the area.
When you have finished your meal, your pilot takes you back to Rose Bay on a route that allows for fantastic photo ops of iconic sights including Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House. Your seaplane tour ends with return to the Rose Bay after approximately four hours.
Cottage Point Inn is set on the water at the junction of Cowan Waters and Coal and Candle Creek, was originally the Cottage Point boatshed and general store. The building was converted to a restaurant in the 1970's and has been operating since.
- Rock Lobster ceviché with baby tarragon gnocchi in a consommé
- Pan seared sea scallops with almonds, watercress and sultanas and a dash of curry oil
- Torched Shaw River buffalo mozzarella with pickled baby onions, salsa verdé and garlic croûtons, nestled on an endive salad
- Rangers Valley beef tartare served with quail egg yolk, and a petite salad
- Panfried chicken oysters with a white onion puree, tempura onion rings, wild mushrooms and spring salad
- Swordfish served with a wilted rocket, saffron potatoes and finished with dill and lemon mayonnaise
- Local snapper, mussels and king prawns in a fennel and tomato, saffron broth
- Tasmanian Atlantic salmon with soy caramel and leek, bok choy and ginger quinoa
- Spring onion and thyme gnocchi served with goats cheese, and a garden pea and pinenut pureé
- Rack of lamb with spring vegetables served on toasted cous cous
- Caramelized orange duck breast with smoked fennel
- Sacher torte served with strawberry ice cream, mixed berries and white chocolate
- Lemon meringue pie and lemon yogurt sorbet
- Orange and dark rum soufflé served with a honey and ginger ice cream
- Spiced caramel and pineapple with toasted coconut and a lime jelly, and coconut ice cream