Make your own way to the Sydney Opera House and start your evening with a behind-the-scenes tour of the venerable performing arts center.
Your knowledgeable guide shares tales about the history, architecture and performances of the opera house during a walking tour that lasts approximately one hour. Gain access to off-limits parts of the building and get an insider’s perspective on a celebrated venue that hosts more than 1,500 live performances per year.
After a captivating tour, stroll over to the newly renovated Aria Restaurant for your three-course dinner (see sample menu under Itinerary), Bennelong Restaurant located inside the Sydney Opera House or Opera Kitchen for your 3-tiered tasting plate. Enjoy views of Sydney Harbour Bridge, Circular Quay and the Opera House as you dine.
When you have finished your meal, return to the opera house to take your seats for your Australian Ballet Company performance. Have your choice of A-reserve, B-reserve or C-reserve tickets for one of the company’s full-length classic ballets or contemporary works. In addition, you will receive a small gift to take home as a souvenir of your Sydney ballet experience.
Please note: The Sydney Opera House and Australian Ballet Dinner Package often sells out weeks in advance. Book now to avoid disappointment.
Click on the "View Additional Info" link below for the Sydney Opera House map.
The evening begins with the a guided tour of the Sydney Opera House, then afterwards, you will be taken to Aria Restaurant, Bennelong Restaurant or Opera Kitchen for a pre theatre dinner and then the Ballet, as per your choice from the options below. 2016 Performances at the Sydney Opera House:
Vaslav Nijinsky changed dance forever with his explosive leap and his shockingly sensual choreography, before a dark descent into madness ended his career. John Neumeier, one of the greatest living choreographers of the story ballet and director of the acclaimed Hamburg Ballet, charts Nijinsky’s rise and fall through the vivid memories unfolding in the dancer’s mind during his last performance in a Swiss hotel. He recalls his troubled family, his ill-starred romances and the transcendent performances that brought him fame.
November: 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 28
This sparkling tale of magic and micheif romps along to Delibes' lilting score. It's amusing fun for the whole family - but its playful confusion of girl and doll packs a contemporary punch in the "uncanny valley" of the modern era.
December: 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 21
Pre-theatre Sample Dinner Menu:
Located on the doorstep of Sydney Opera House, ARIA combines the finest of food and wine, knowledgeable and friendly service with spectacular views of the Harbour Bridge, Circular Quay and of course the Opera House, making ARIA one of Sydney's ultimate dining restaurants.
The ARIA bar boasts an impressive private cellar providing the opportunity to sample some of Australia's rarest and the world's finest wines, with an elegant space for a relaxing drink before dining.Entree:
- Freshly shucked Sydney Rock Oysters. Half dozen, with thai basil and Banyuls dressing
- Heirloom carrots with green lentils, sheep milk yoghurt and sherry vinegar
- Scallops roasted with kimchi puree, silken tofu, steamed eggplant and tapioca crisps
- Peking duck consomme with duck dumplings, shaved abalone and mushrooms
- Kurobuta pork belly with pork croquette and caramelized apple
- Quinoa crusted celeriac with grilled baby leeks, fried camembert, fregola and salsa verde
- Crisp skin Barramundi with fzucchini, lemon and pine nuts
- Roasted fillet of salmon with fennel, orange and watercress
- Roast lamb rump with garlic soubise, baby fennel and mint gel
- Grass fed scotch fillet with lyonnaise potatoes, green asparagus with a bone marrow and cornichon sauce
Please note that menus are samples and subject to change
- Brandy snap mille feuille with caramelised bananas, hazelnuts and salted caramel sauce
- Black currant jelly with poached peaches, quinoa tuille and vanilla ice cream
- Valrhona "Caramelin" mousse with candied cumquats, gold leaf and pecans
- Cheese plate. A selection of Australian and international cheeses