After making your own way to the Sydney Opera House, your symphony evening begins with a fascinating one-hour tour of the celebrated performing arts center.
Follow your expert guide on a walking tour of approximately one hour. Your guide shares fascinating details about the architecture, artists and history of the opera house and gives you access to parts of the building that are normally off-limits. In a venue that hosts more than 1,500 live performances per year, there are sure to be stories around every corner.
After your tour, walk just a few minutes to enjoy a three course pre-theater dinner at the newly renovated Aria Restaurant or step inside the Sydney Opera House and enjoy a 3-course dinner at Bennelong Restaurant (depending on which option you choose). If you've chosen the 3-tiered tasting plate to share, sit back and take in the unobstructed views of Sydney Harbour at Opera Kitchen. A performance by the Sydney Symphony Orchestra will complete your Red Carpet experience.
At the end of your meal, simply stroll back to the Opera House to watch the Sydney Symphony take the stage. Your dinner and symphony package includes a ticket for the show. The Sydney Symphony is known to select pieces that range from well-loved orchestra classics to innovative contemporary works. This exquisite night with the Sydney Symphony at the Sydney Opera House promises to be one of the highlights of a trip to Australia (details under Itinerary below).
Please note: The Sydney Opera House and Sydney Symphony Dinner Package often sells out weeks in advance. Book now to avoid disappointment.
Refer to the 'View Additional Info' link below for the Sydney Opera House map.
After meeting at the designated point you will be taken on a Sydney Opera House Guided Tour. Afterwards, you will be taken to Aria Restaurant, Bennelong Restaurant or Opera Kitchen (depending on the option you choose) for a pre-show dinner. Following dinner, make your way to the Sydney Opera House Concert Hall for the Sydney Symphony performance. 2016 Performance Schedule:
Pink Martini with the SSO (Classics and Mixed Genre)
Electric and exotic songs in jazz – classical style.
Performance dates: September 2016: 16, 17
Nelson Freire plays Shumann: Rachmaninoff's 2nd Symphony
Performance dates: September 2016: 21, 24
- Beethoven: Coriolan Overture
- Schumann: Piano Concerto
- Rachmaninoff: Symphony No.2
Back to the Future: Film with Live Orchestra (Classics and Film)
A screening of Back to the Future with Alan Silvestri’s score played by the Sydney Symphony Orchestra.Performance dates: October 2016: 7, 8 (both performances at 7pm)
Beethoven Heroic (Classics)
Performance dates: October 2016: 12, 14, 15, 17 (7pm)
- Piano Concerto
- No.4, Symphony No. 3
Beethoven Pastoral (Classics)
Performance date: 21st October 2016Beethoven Finale (Classics)
- Piano Concerto No.3
- Symphony No.6
- Symphony No.2
- Symphony No.9 (choral)
Performance dates: October 2016: 26, 28, 29
Zukerman plays Tchaikovsky and Mozart (Classics)
- Tchaikovsky: Souvenir d’un lieu cher: Melodie Serenade melancoulique
- Mozart: Violin Concerto No. 3 in G, K216 (Strassburger)
- Tchaikovsky: Symphony No.4
Performance dates: November 2016: 10, 11, 12 Dedications: Dvorak's Cello Concerto (Classics and Mixed Genre)
Porgy and Bess: Gershwin's Opera in the Concert Hall (Gala + Special)
- Lutoslawski: Sacher Variation for solo cello
- Lutoslawski: Symphony No.3
- Dvořák: Cello Concert in B Minor
Performance Piece: Performance dates:
November 2016: 11 (7pm performance)
December 2016: 1, 2, 3, (7pm performances)
ARIA Pre-theatre Sample Dinner Menu:
Located on the doorstep of Sydney Opera House, ARIA combines the finest of food and wine, knowledgeable and friendly service with spectacular views of the Harbour Bridge, Circular Quay and of course the Opera House, making ARIA one of Sydney's ultimate dining restaurants.
The ARIA bar boasts an impressive private cellar providing the opportunity to sample some of Australia's rarest and the world's finest wines, with an elegant space for a relaxing drink before dining.Entree:
- Freshly shucked Sydney Rock Oysters. Half dozen, with thai basil and Banyuls dressing
- Heirloom carrots with green lentils, sheep milk yoghurt and sherry vinegar
- Scallops roasted with kimchi puree, silken tofu, steamed eggplant and tapioca crisps
- Peking duck consomme with duck dumplings, shaved abalone and mushrooms
- Kurobuta pork belly with pork croquette and caramelized apple
- Quinoa crusted celeriac with grilled baby leeks, fried camembert, fregola and salsa verde
- Crisp skin Barramundi with fzucchini, lemon and pine nuts
- Roasted fillet of salmon with fennel, orange and watercress
- Roast lamb rump with garlic soubise, baby fennel and mint gel
- Grass fed scotch fillet with lyonnaise potatoes, green asparagus with a bone marrow and cornichon sauce
Please note that menus are seasonal and subject to change
- Brandy snap mille feuille with caramelised bananas, hazelnuts and salted caramel sauce
- Black currant jelly with poached peaches, quinoa tuille and vanilla ice cream
- Valrhona "Caramelin" mousse with candied cumquats, gold leaf and pecans
- Cheese plate. A selection of Australian and international cheeses