Call (888) 651-9785
We had a very good day with our guide Kai. Kai spoke excellent English, and showed very open to explain and discuss many particularities of Taiwanese traditions and culture. He also showed to be a great improvisor, when he found out that we already had visited the Chang Kai Check Memorial he quickly fitted in a visit to an Oohlung Tea House where we were given a full tea ceremony and an explanation of making tea in rounds. Thereafter we cycled and ended up in a restaurant for lunch, where Kai introduced to the main Taiwanese dishes. That knowledge served us greatly during the next 2 weeks of our trip. We walked up the mountain and visited the design center. After a farewell coffee Kai left us, and we went our way. We foster our very good memories of the day spent with you Kai! Many thanks!
We had a blast riding a bike around Taipei City with our personal tour guide Kai. He took his time to make sure we were comfortable and answered all of our questions about Taipei culture and customs wonderfully. One of my favorite tours of the city, especially if you like to mingle with the locals and try Taipei's awesome public transportation.
My sister an I had an incredible time exploring Taipei with our guide. He was knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. This tour was a great way to see the town in a short period of time.
I thought it'd be a good idea to do a general tour on one of the first days of my trip to help me get the lay of the land. This turned out to be an excellent choice. The main sights were:
- Elephant Mountain, which has the best vantage points of downtown Taipei and in particular the 101 skyscraper. This may only be 600 feet high but in the heat and humidity you'll really feel it! Be sure to take water
- Songshan Cultural Creative Park, which is an intriguing mix of old and new architecture, with various shops and stalls, right near some proper countryside and next to the impressive but unfinished new Taipei Dome
- Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall, which houses an impressive museum on the Nationalist leader and hosts a regular changing of the guard. The matching, enormous National Theatre and Symphony Hall buildings recent but with traditional architectural styles are in the same complex
We also called in on a Japanese-era house. As the name suggests, the tour uses various modes of transport. I always enjoy cycling around East Asian cities and Taipei - with its handy YouBike system - was no exception.
Summer was a charming host, leading our tour efficiently and with great energy and humour, with much explanation of history, local customs etc along the way. The cycling always felt safe and the overall pace of the day was unhurried, incorporating a beef noodle lunch and the obligatory bubble tea. An excellent introductory tour.
Interesting and fun way to explore the city.
Special shout-out to our tour guide, Kai, who is very friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and guided us well throughout the tour !!. Thank you!
Fantastic tour and great way to see the sights of Taipei. Janice was an excellent tour guide, a lovely young lady that could not do enough for us. Loved it.
1. Our tour guide Janice is awesome. She does recognize diff. need in our group as I and #39;m the one and only Muslim in the group.
2. The group is small so everyone is well attend by her.
3. It feel like a tour with your own friend!!!
4. Highly recommended for FIT - free indie traveller
Surprised to find out that I was the only one who signed up on the tour the day I had it. Since I got Alan, the tour guide, all to myself, I had the chance to ask him every curiosity I had with the city and the country. Since we had extra time, we also rode the bus to our last destination. This is probably the best tour to experience the city like a local. Will highly recommend this to my friends.
Excellent tour and excellent guide. We got to know the city by bike, subway and walk in an incredible way. The guide was just perfect, he spoke English very well and treated us amazing. I recommend this tour at all. Regards from Mexico.
Great tour with a very friendly and knowledgeable guide! Best way to explore this beautiful and vibrant city. Highly recommended!!
Some content licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
© 1997–Wed Apr 25 19:12:28 PDT 2018 Viator, Inc. CUR015 - 330205 All rights reserved. Viator is a registered trademark of Viator, Inc.
is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc. Travel with an Insider is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Viator's Terms & Conditions.